Why is my camera showing a black screen?

Thor Kousted

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Camera showing black screen.

Few days ago my phones camera stopped working. When I open the camera app. it just shows a black screen, and the button to take a picture is greyed out. The front camera SOMETIMES works using Snapchat, but in the camera app. it is also a black screen. The flash/blitz doesn't work either.

I have tried both soft and hard reset, and resetting the camera in settings. I even disassembled the phone to check the camera connection, but the cable is plugged in fine and is not loose.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? :unhappysweat:

Picture of how camera screen looks:
wp_ss_20141018_0001.jpg

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Camera showing black screen.

This happened to me once while my phone was on the charger, but it resolved itself, just saying you're not alone :)
Did you by any chance try to download another camera app? if the other one works then it's probably just sth with the official app :)
We can always uninstall the official app

Thor Kousted

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Camera showing black screen.

This happened to me once while my phone was on the charger, but it resolved itself, just saying you're not alone :)
Did you by any chance try to download another camera app? if the other one works then it's probably just sth with the official app :)
We can always uninstall the official app

The camera didnt work one morning I woke up, and it had been charging overnight as always, so maybe it really is related to charging... My phone is under the pillow while charging (but has been hundreds of times without problems).

I tried other apps. aswell: Nokia Camera, Camera 360, Creative Camera, and like I mentioned in my first post, Snapchat, where the front camera SOMETIMES works.

Other than hard reset and checking the cable connection, I dont know what to do.

anon(8219585)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
This is a daily problem with mine, including the sensors not working at times.
The camera usually works when I leave it on for a while, the only reason I can think this happens is the actual hardware taking time to open.
The problems were much worse before and after months and months of self wallowing I found out the problem was the charger. I had switched my charger and was using a android one I think, back then the Amber update was out and I could not update to it. The phone would just crash forcing me to reflash it. The camera app would just crash so I had to use Camera 360. Which worked well. And then once I used a cheap samsung charger at my friends house. After a while of charging, I saw the buttons on my phone light up, and that I had not seen for months. Went home and bought the charger, charged it with it. The camera worked and I could update my phone to Amber. :D

And now I don't really remember how long it has been but the sensors work at their own time, It mostly does not work, and the camera usually opens up after a few seconds/minutes of opening the camera application. Including every other app that needs the camera. Snapchat and everything.

So in the end I think this is due to the charger/battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss