Battery drain after an airplane ride

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I recently traveled to Dallas via airplane from Sacramento. I turned off my 920 for the flight and turned it back on as we landed. ATT came up with a strong signal and I had 97% battery left. While taxiing, the phone got hot and the battery started to drop. I rebooted and then headed for baggage claim. By the time I got my luggage, the battery was down to 20% and the phone was still hot. Rebooted again. Battery continued to drain down to about 7%. It then just magically started cooling off and stopped draining. I? had this exact experience a few months ago when I went from Sacramento to Newark. Same thing with solid signal when landing but huge battery drop within minutes of landing. Multiple reboots did not help.

I normally get a good day from my battery when around my home area. In both cases above, after the initial battery drain, the phone worked perfectly the whole time I was traveling. No additional drain. I also noticed that I didn?t get a battery drain when I returned to Sacramento. I have also never had an issue with the battery when going to an airport to pick someone up. Always works fine.

It?s like the phone took 20 minutes to figure out where it was after leaving home. Anyone else run across this?

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Try reboot, mine does this all the time, sent in for repair, they sent me a new one, does same thing, so sending it in too...hopefully yours was just a fluke

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T in the US. That setting isn't there. I have roaming turned on. The strange thing is that after the initial struggle upon landing, the phone works fine. The next time I travel I'll take a battery stick or something to maintain a charge while it sorts itself out. I'm two years into my 920 and am ready to upgrade. Just waiting for a new flagship. Hopefully a follow-up to the 1020. Fingers crossed.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T in the US. That setting isn't there. I have roaming turned on. The strange thing is that after the initial struggle upon landing, the phone works fine. The next time I travel I'll take a battery stick or something to maintain a charge while it sorts itself out. I'm two years into my 920 and am ready to upgrade. Just waiting for a new flagship. Hopefully a follow-up to the 1020. Fingers crossed.

Now that you mention that you've had your phone for two years, I began suspecting that it was your battery - that it was old and may have accumulated sufficient irreversible chemical damage from repeated charge-discharge cycles over time. BUT since your "phone works fine" after the "initial struggle upon landing", then I think you should be just fine with your phone, too.:angel:

Yeah, I'm waiting for an announcement for a new flagship phone, half-hoping that it would be a 1020 successor - half-hoping because I've only had my L1020 for slightly under a year and I'm not planning any upgrade soon.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2