Anyone replaced the power/volume/camera cable?

Viracocha

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
When I replaced my wife smashed 920 screen, I must have broken the cable. I ordered a replacement cable and, because of an extreme time crunch, applied the cable with some strategically placed adhesive. It worked fine (although, I always thought it would have issues at some point). No matter, she smashed her screen again, so I just got her a 635 with non-removable case.

However, MY well-cared for 920 has been recently compiling issues. I'm well out of warranty range and no longer under contract, but I'm not enticed by any of the WPs out right now.

First, the flash stopped working. It's a bummer, but I can limp along without it. Then, the dedicated camera button and power buttons became non-responsive. Camera button, meh. But, the power button is a major bummer. Plus, what makes it worse is that I've started getting the dreaded Sim Card Error. This means my phone won't regain the ability to make calls or texts until the battery drains and it's forced to power down.

Long story short, I'm about to replace the flex cable and am wondering if anybody else has had success doing so. Also, what kind of adhesive did they use? I could find very little info on what should be used. A few people said they used:

Double sided vertical Conductive cloth tape Adhesive for iPad 2 3G module Flex Cable attachment 7?1/2 inch for part number 821-1186-A | CyberDocLLC | iPhone and Apple Products Hardware Repair Solutions

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium