L920 screen-on time? (my phone is frozen)

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My L920 just froze completely. It was fully charged and none of the keys respond. The screen stays on and can't be turned off. I tried a software reset and really do not want to do a hard reset. I have the latest DP update.

So I want to let the battery die and then I can probably restart with when charging. Does anybody have an idea how long a L920 lasts when the screen is on but when you do nothing with it? 4 hours maybe?

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
This problem is happening for almost every lumia925+1020 .. Microsoft promised a fix coming very soon .. Next SW update .. They know about that bug freeze or lag thingy...
This maybe the same case as you ..
Let's hope they release that fix soon enough

I guess the max for ur battery when screen on is 6h

You can try this ..
- let the battery die
- charge .. Then soft reset ..
- still .. Then go for hard reset

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I was also thinking it could be this famous freezing bug that was in the news. This never happened to me before in the two years that I have it.

Are there options to restart it with the Nokia Software Recovery Tool? I tried to install Nokia Software Recovery Tool just now and I can't even start, it says it has problems checking for updates. Did Microsoft break the Nokia tool??

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
That's odd .. To get that problem after 2 years ..

You can flash your phone with recovery tool ... But I don't use it I prefer Nokia care suite .. It's better but you will need the rom files you can download them from data package manager
Maybe the server is down or something .. For recovery tool

Before the phone freezes.. Was it hot ? Or you were running low space?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
No I barely use any space and I did nothing, happened soon after I woke up and only did a few whatsapps. I layed it aside, picked it up and it is stuck at the lockscreen. It must be this freeze bug that's in the news.

Well I think it will fix itself once battery dies...I'll inform you people how many hours that takes.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Okay mate .. Good luck .. I remembered having this problem before .. I fixes it by holding the power button only for about 20 second then I heard a vibration and phone restarts ..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism