Why doesn't Lumia 920 support Miracast?

stevebacs

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently on the latest 8.1 Developer's Preview firmware, and the "Project My Screen" system setting says this phone is not able to cast wirelessly, but on the AT&T firmware support page (specific to the 920) it says the latest firmware supports Miracast. I double-checked the firmware revision numbers, and they're identical. Is this just an error on the AT&T support page, or does the AT&T firmware support Miracast whereas the Developer's Preview firmware doesn't?

Source:
"display content on larger monitor via USB cable or Miracast technology"
Update the Software for the Nokia Lumia 920- AT&T Wireless Support

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Source is wrong, the 920 along with other non-SD4XX/8XX currently do not support Miracast. The processor supports it but the chipset might not. Either way, that's something Microsoft needs to enable with proper drivers which I believe isn't happening (only for Miracast)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Which raises the question, why the heck not?

economics.
is it worth it?
they'd have to spend time, people, and money enabling it for older devices, which might not make too much sense to management, especially since these have been already replaced with a newer model and they're already spending resources on the bigger software updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar