My first Lumia

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, I'd exchanged my Z10 with Lumia 920. Why? 920? As he's the only person who's ready to accept the deal without box or bill. Just the device and cable. So last night, linked my account to device on WiFi no Sim card yet. As I'm new to this Lumia, each and everyone suggestions are required. Yes, it's with 8.1 and under info, I see cyan. I've formatted the device to delete his storage data. No problem over there. I've taken a couple of pics, when I went out for dinner last night. The pics came out nice. Just as expected. But only minor problem is 1.7 on front. But the device came out pretty long back, I'll adjust with that. So keep posting your msgs guys. Also, I was looking for this forums app in store but there it's $.99 but on play store it's free. Why is it so?

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows Central offers unlimited trial for its app, but you can buy the app to support them if you want.

To get the unlimited trial, simply tap on the "try" button next to "buy".

And, welcome to Windows Phone! Remember to use the Lumia Camera when taking pictures, there's a night mode if you want to take awesome lowlight pictures.

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
You can download 3rd party apps like mytube metrotube to watch YouTube videos. For local videos you can use Xbox video app which should be pre installed.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I've downloaded video using a torrent app. How can i see the video? I cant see it in pre-installed video app .mp4 format. Moreover, where is file manager so that I can see the files.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Download files app from Microsoft.

I'm not sure about torrents as they're illegal, but there is some news about a vlc player in beta mode.

Veyron971

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, if you want to see the files on your WIndows Phone, go to Store and download the app named Files. Then, you'll just have to seek for your video. I can't actually help you about how to watch downloaded or received videos by XBox Videos, sorry.

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Torrents aren't illegal. Sharing copyrighted material illegally via torrents is illegal.

Pick up a wireless charger if you don't have one already. You'll love wireless charging on the 920.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What about downloading copyrighted material via torrents?

It is illegal and no further discussion of it is permitted here.

Keep it Legal - Moderators and admins reserve the right to close threads and ban members that post copyrighted and/or illegal materials. These kinds of activities can get us into trouble, and nobody wants that... so just don't do it. If you have questions on this, ask a moderator. http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html#post3388

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I think wireless doesn't helps me. Coz the battery is good too. 12 hrs on moderate usage. As most of the time, I'll be out roaming. But I feel like, when I use device while charging it gets heated up on back above the camera. Also BBM is lagging. That's only issue so far I've noticed in these days. But buttons to do multi tasking are hard

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
What about downloading copyrighted material via torrents?

That is definitely illegal.

The reason I suggested a wireless charger is because the 920 has average battery life, and if you use it extensively at work or during the day you will find that you need a little boost for the battery. I bought a wireless charging stand to use at work. I go to my desk and just set the phone on the charger. Such a minor purchase but a huge convenience.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3