To all former Lumia 920 owners

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I hardly ever got home after a day of work without the battery being critical and limping home to the charger at under 10%. That was with heavy use of 3rd party messaging apps and an rss reader however.

djstyles97

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Got the 1520 about a year ago now and use it as my personal phone alongside my 920 which is my work phone.

1520 is a way better experience for everything (screen, battery life etc...) but as you can imagine, the only benefit to the 920 is when actually talking on the phone. Much more comfortable to handle.

corby lambert

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from the 920 to the 1520 about a year ago, I'm on ATT. I love the 1520, wish I would've held out longer and gotten the 1520.3. I'm not sure I could get a phone without LTE now

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
pretty sure i read a while back that that is now not an exlusive, or something similar and that germany had the green units, would be better for you if it was in europe as import / compatibility would be better etc

edit: found link

I would love to have the green 1520 but it's exclusive to US At&t I like the call it the Incredible Hulk Phone. Any Idea how much it would cost here in UK and is it worth the upgrade?

Much appreciated cheers ��

shoaib shah

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
pretty sure i read a while back that that is now not an exlusive, or something similar and that germany had the green units, would be better for you if it was in europe as import / compatibility would be better etc

edit: found link
That's great and its a 32gb version with Qi wirless charging. Will look into it further cheers mate 👍

qa_ninja

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest buying a cheap budget phone (520/521/635) and use it just till the new flagship is released (hopefully in summer).

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
There is some sound advice posted here for the OP, namely, hold on to your 920 until we see what WP10 brings us. I have a 920 and even now, unless WP10 offers us something really good, this will be my phone for a long time to come.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Went iPhone and after getting used to iOS, not really sure where all the hate comes from, except pure ignorance. It outperforms my old 920 in every area. I'll look at Windows Phones again in a year. If nothing looks good, I have no problem getting an iPhone 8.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Went iPhone and after getting used to iOS, not really sure where all the hate comes from, except pure ignorance. It outperforms my old 920 in every area. I'll look at Windows Phones again in a year. If nothing looks good, I have no problem getting an iPhone 8.

If it's an iPhone 5s or iPhone 6, then you should be ashamed if the 920 outperformed it.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 6 outperforms my old 920, not the other way around. It has a better camera, gps, loads webpages faster, gets better batter life, doesn't get hot enough to fry an egg when using gps, doesn't suffer from random battery drain, etc. App selection is obviously left out because I'm judging it on what I've noticed OOTB. I don't like having to use iTunes and the keyboard is inferior to WP, but those aren't dealbreakers for me. Switching has been very positive for me.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I just didn't like the static rows of icons.

Hated when you need to close everything and you have to spend a couple of minutes knocking all the apps, 1 x 1, off of the recently used list.

Can't stand iTunes.

No XBL integration.

Android fixed all but the last complaint, but I didn't go android cause it feels like the "wild west"... And I don't mean that in a good way.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 6 outperforms my old 920, not the other way around. It has a better camera, gps, loads webpages faster, gets better batter life, doesn't get hot enough to fry an egg when using gps, doesn't suffer from random battery drain, etc. App selection is obviously left out because I'm judging it on what I've noticed OOTB. I don't like having to use iTunes and the keyboard is inferior to WP, but those aren't dealbreakers for me. Switching has been very positive for me.

Good for you there.
A 5 months old phone should definitely be able to outperform a 2 years old phone. If it were the other way around then anyone who has that 5 months old phone should definitely be ashamed.

As for the topic:
Brace yourselves, 920 loyals! Autumn is still some months to go. I'm in line with you all even though I'm not using a 920.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Good for you there.
A 5 months old phone should definitely be able to outperform a 2 years old phone. If it were the other way around then anyone who has that 5 months old phone should definitely be ashamed.

My post wasn't meant to be a troll. Of course I expected a much newer phone to outperform my old 920! The 830 I had before returning (touch screen/search button problems) barely did so or felt the same.

I'll go where the better tech is. If MS has a real flagship in a year, then I'll give it a chance. I'm not going to get into the whole iSheep/MS vs. Apple crap. It's functionality/performance. That's all I care about.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Glad you like the iOS, its not for everyone, me, I find it boring, I like the customize my home screen, but not everyone cares about that. My L920's camera has impressed most everyone who has seen the pictures, surprised when I said the phone was initially released over 2 years ago :)

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Glad you like the iOS, its not for everyone, me, I find it boring, I like the customize my home screen, but not everyone cares about that. My L920's camera has impressed most everyone who has seen the pictures, surprised when I said the phone was initially released over 2 years ago :)

My biggest problem with the camera was its shutter speed. So many ruined photos due to blur. Second was post processing of the photo. I'd rather the picture I took was the picture that was actually saved.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
My biggest problem with the camera was its shutter speed. So many ruined photos due to blur. Second was post processing of the photo. I'd rather the picture I took was the picture that was actually saved.

hmm weird, I have taken probably over 500 photos and only blurred one or two pictures...not sure, maybe I don't take vital pictures with it...we usually use my wife's 1020 or the DSLR for lots of vital pictures...I mainly take pictures of computer serial numbers and what not, guess it works fine for me for that.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
hmm weird, I have taken probably over 500 photos and only blurred one or two pictures...not sure, maybe I don't take vital pictures with it...we usually use my wife's 1020 or the DSLR for lots of vital pictures...I mainly take pictures of computer serial numbers and what not, guess it works fine for me for that.

I don't keep a DSLR on me. Sometimes when your retarded pets are doing something you want to take pic of, your phone is the best option. Animals rarely sit still for long. 920 had awful shutter speed, IMO. I'm not a photograher, just a point n shoot type of person.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos