New Lumia 920. Defective Battery?

vartanarsen

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I bought a new Lumia 920, which I assume must have been shelving it for about 2 years, because when I started up the phone, there was no life, eventually after 20 minutes, it picked up the battery signal and 20 minutes more, Windows Phone 8 booted up. Now, I notice the battery has been draining pretty fast, like 8 hours just on Standby on Edge with everything shut off. Is this normal? Standby on Edge with everything shut off should last 2 days no?
I searched the Windows Phone store for an App that checks Capacity and Diagnostics of the battery. The search yielded like 30 Battery Apps, which all tell me Battery Status and drain time, but NONE tell me Capacity and Health of the battery--why is there no app for that? I just need to know if this is growing pains of the phone being born out of a 2 year stale shelf life (I'm assuming), or is the battery really defective.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
That is a very rare thing I have heard of. Geneally battery looses life after x no of charge cycles and not by sitting idle I dont think. I would say if it is brand new out of the box and this is happening, give it sometime in charge cycles and it might give you a better Idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39