Doubts for Denim update for 920

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Got it now on my Italian 920. The only thing noticeable for now is that the connection speed can be chosen directly in the cellular settings page instead of hidden in the SIM settings section.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, here in Nigeria, it's not yet available. All Lumias will definitely get Denim (my guess is by March ending rollout should be complete) but whether my 920 (or even the 820 for others) gets Denim or not, I'm not bothered. Cos from all I can tell, there ain't much to gain for dear 920s. Blame that on new specs requiring newer hardware which the 920 don't poses. All the same, 920 had its glorious days, and echoing what someone already said, 1520 is actually the only device in the crop of devices available now that bests 920.

sadbiker

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Installing the update now, as the phone was already using DP the only real change I am expecting is it to now say denim. Had to switch of DP for update to be seen.

I agree the 920 is no longer the top dog and wont really get the advances some of the newer phones will receive like my 930.

Hopefully some of the behind the scenes tweaks in the firmware will simply make it run better not that we may notice.

sadbiker

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Installing the update now, as the phone was already using DP the only real change I am expecting is it to now say denim. Had to switch of DP for update to be seen.

I agree the 920 is no longer the top dog and wont really get the advances some of the newer phones will receive like my 930.

Hopefully some of the behind the scenes tweaks in the firmware will simply make it run better not that we may notice.

Still says Cyan in DP mode, firmware and OS showing correct as per Denim rollout on MS site.

Annely Sibul

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I just installed Denim yesterday and now my FM radio won't work. It crackles, loses signal and does all the wrong things. Why? Please fix it ASAP, I need my radio on a daily basis!

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Denim yesterday and now my FM radio won't work. It crackles, loses signal and does all the wrong things. Why? Please fix it ASAP, I need my radio on a daily basis!

You just need to soft reset your phone. Hope it works.

Updated to denim on my 2 Lumia 920's and Lumia 1020. The improvements seen are :

1) Options to select the preferred settings in the notification centre (example : Mobile data)
2) Fast speed (Shots and loading speed) for the camera
3) Phone is snappier than before

The pictures on the camera also looks better. Here is a sample taken today with 920 on Denim
WP_20150227_13_09_54_Pro.jpg

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Camera seems to be a bit improved. Photos aren't that soft now, but yellow tint remains there. Hope they could get rid of that too, I'd be very happy then.
sent from my LUMIA 920

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Developer Preview for my Lumia 820 had the .219 build number. I just received Denim 2 days ago and I had both a new build (the newest so far) .234 and a firmware update.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Updated to denim on my 2 Lumia 920's and Lumia 1020. The improvements seen are :

1) Options to select the preferred settings in the notification centre (example : Mobile data)

The pictures on the camera also looks better. Here is a sample taken today with 920 on Denim
View attachment 98454

Nice not fuzzy post processing, sharp focus again.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 98454
What ddo you mean with improvement number 1? Don't get it.

Marc van Gastel

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Denim installed on my 920. No big differences detected so far.. Some handy setting improvements, but no camera features as I can see...
Check the 'Lumia update' app in the store for the Denim availability.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Camera seems to be a bit improved. Photos aren't that soft now, but yellow tint remains there. Hope they could get rid of that too, I'd be very happy then.
sent from my LUMIA 920

Then is confirmed that the yellow tint remains :-( ?
What number of fw do you run on your Denim device ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos