Lumia 920 : Denim Goodies?

John Tuach

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Got a message last week that I had to do a 'critical update'.

Went ahead and at the end of the lengthy process I was expecting some message to say what was new or had changed but nothing appeared on the phone. Had a quick Google and discovered that two new goodies were Cortana and 'drop down tiles'. The new tiles are really useful but when I went to find Cortana she tells me that she cannot speak my language!

What is the point in putting Cortana on the phone if I cannot use it? Even if she said that she was in the process of going to night classes to learn English then I would be better informed but at present, she is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!

Are these the only two new additions that come with Denim?

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Those aren't denim features but 8.1 update 1 features. It only happens that the os update is bundled with that firmware update

John Tuach

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Another bonus that seems to have arrived with the update is that the stock calendar has been revised and is now pretty decent - certainly far better than before.

John Tuach

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Discovered that my language setting was set to US English and not UK English. Changed the setting and now Cortana and I are able to communicate nicely.

Mark Potts

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Still no OneDrive integration with the photos folder. Unbelievable but true. At least on my 920 which has been worse off since the Cyan update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss