Need a updated Flagship Phone

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 920 for 2 years now and its performance has been excellent with zero problem. But but would like to have the option of a new phone, faster CPU, somewhat larger screen and a expansion card slot.

But I do not see it coming, really like the 1520 but I'm afraid I'll break it in my line of work carrying it in my pocket, along with it will be 2 years old before we know it. It makes smoke come out of my ears with the Windows Phones being carrier exclusives and only in available certain global areas.
What makes it worse there are many phones with android OS which I wish had Windows OS on them. Microsoft has released a cargo boatload of low end and mid entry phones across the globe but not any flagship phones and I really wonder if they will offer anything as nice as a 920, 1020, or 1520 globally without carrier exclusive attached to it. I really hope so but I'm not going to wait 6 more months.:confused:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol we have seen the 1530 and 940 rumors :) Those devices will most likely hit the market after W10 goes public :) The 1530 has been confirmed somewhat.. MS employees confirmed that there was an upgrade coming to the 15xx line. As for the 940, well the rumors have been there and since MS did leave out a few gimmick items that could truly make the 930 a beast (This only applies for tech journalists), they might be giving it another go, because the 930 has done well for itself :)

All in all, whether those devices actually do hit the market or not, MS has confirmed that flagship phones are coming :) and if the current low end bunch are anything to go by (except for the 535) then im pretty sure we can expect sth good

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes to all of the above. It is an absolute given that the higher end stuff is coming. What is nice, and seldom considered, is that MS is very nicely learning how to make phones. And they are starting at the right end.

I'm seeing more Windows phones around these days, and all the ones I see are at the bottom end, because they are nice and cheap, and it won't ruin your world or break the bank if they get lost or damaged. Only ever seen 1 x 1020 and 1 x 930. Never seen any other 920s.

The low rent stuff coming out is at a decent spec level, and some are at almost disposable pricing (?29.99 for a 435 is just insanely affordable) that I feel they will gain some market share and it will help them when it comes time to get the carriers to market the high end stuff.

The flagships are coming, and I think they will be great.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
My 920 was two years old almost 6mths ago so I settled on an M8. But fear not, Windows 10 is a summer release with the Snapdragon 810 along with it. Hold out another 3mths and what you seek will be available.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking the same.
but my Lumia 920 is really really so good and zero problem i got.
actually it didn't give me the excuse to switch to 930, still working well for me.
so maybe i will wait to see what kind of flagships will come this year.

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Well, the only question is whether to invest in first W10 phones or not. I mean, everything "new" is almost always somewhat problematic...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett