My Lumia 920 bricked after the WP 10 Update, how can I fix this?

AymanWP93

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 Bricked after WP 10 Update

Hey Guys ,

I thought some of you could help me.
I have a terrible problem with my Lumia 920, and the phone seems bricked to me.

3 days ago , i installed Win 10 preview on my phone via Windows Insider.
As you know , WP 10 Preview has a lot of bugs. Many persons in this forums recommended to try a hard reset in order to fix some bugs ( applications bugs mainly )

This morning , i tried to hard reset my phone. The Gears appeared and i waited until the hard reset bar completed , but the problem is that my phone didn't restart well after that. It kept rebooting at the Nokia Logo without limits ...

I try to do another hard reset after that , but the phone didn't want to.
Then i chose to pick up WP Recovery tool , the PC detected my phone and the software started downloading the OS. But i got another problem after that. As soon as the install of the OS began (1%) , the Recovery tool suddenly showed an error message and my phone shut down.

After that, my phone restarted with the casual Red Screen Nokia Logo. Since then , WP Recovery Tool , Navifirm & Nokia Software Updater ( NSU ) and none of them seems to detect my phone , so i can't flash it again.

My phone's warranty is over too ...

If someone has a solution , please help me !

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 Bricked after WP 10 Update

Google 'Lumia 920 Service Manual' this will tell you how to Hard Reset w a side key combination.

There is another alternative Hard Reset (not currently available to you) - dial ##777# on your dialpad.

The error message might be helpful, you could have had a Hardware failure, coincident with the Hard Reset.

In addition, there are specific instructions for getting a dead phone detected - search this forum ...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Search for dead flash instructions. It has always worked for me, i went back to stock 8.1 almost 7-8 in 3-4 days from W10. Now i finally have denim and 8.1 Update 2. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12