New 920 - Back to WP after a year with Blackberry and Android

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I am a happy camper. I just bought a semi, almost new 920 for $100USD and am loving it. I am loving it even more because its still on WP8 (w/Black update)! Yep, you heard me right. No 8.1. Why? Cuz with 8.1 you loose the FB/Twitter integration that made WP so desireable in the first place. I've still got a ME tile, can post to FB without having the app installed and can even use FB chat in the messenger feature!

I had almost forgotten the way WP8 flowed from one function to the next almost instinctually. And the hardware! The 920 is one of the last truley Nokia-designed phones and fabula at its peak (The only other being the 1020 which has the great, but , well, ugly camera bulge). Some things are fine just the way they are. New isn't always better.

OK, I am missing out on a couple features I miss from my 8.1 HTC 8S like the ability to set different volume levels for media, notification, alarm, ext and well, can't think of any others..Cortana? Not interested. Just about all the other "bells and whistles" in 8.1 aren't necessary for me. I'm actually very happy with the way things are.

Now if I could just get Mix Radio to work..

Glad to be back.

ajay puligandla

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm a 920 user too and I bought mine a month ago
I recommend not to update to 8.1 cause I had a lot battery problem and the denim update improved the battery a little bit.

steelcuda

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had almost every Windows Phone made. I liked the 920 the best until the camera died. I hear what your saying about 8.1 but I can't imagine ever going back.

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I am a happy camper. I just bought a semi, almost new 920 for $100USD and am loving it. I am loving it even more because its still on WP8 (w/Black update)! Yep, you heard me right. No 8.1. Why? Cuz with 8.1 you loose the FB/Twitter integration that made WP so desireable in the first place. I've still got a ME tile, can post to FB without having the app installed and can even use FB chat in the messenger feature!

I had almost forgotten the way WP8 flowed from one function to the next almost instinctually. And the hardware! The 920 is one of the last truley Nokia-designed phones and fabula at its peak (The only other being the 1020 which has the great, but , well, ugly camera bulge). Some things are fine just the way they are. New isn't always better.

OK, I am missing out on a couple features I miss from my 8.1 HTC 8S like the ability to set different volume levels for media, notification, alarm, ext and well, can't think of any others..Cortana? Not interested. Just about all the other "bells and whistles" in 8.1 aren't necessary for me. I'm actually very happy with the way things are.

Now if I could just get Mix Radio to work..

Glad to be back.

Yes, the best Nokia phone. The design of this phone is still unbeaten. That's why I still have it after 3years. Windows Phone 8 was definitely better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99