Screen is Grainy / Blurry - Why?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a almost new 920. It works great except it seems that when I use the internet or open an app that has a white background the text, logo, and background are a bit grainy. Its not a hardware prob with the screen I don't think because the menus and icons within the OS and my home screen are crystal clear.

You can see in the screenshots that the All Jezeera logo is fuzzy as is some of the text. Otherwise, the OS menus, fonts, and home screen are very clear. It happen on other apps too so its just not Al Jezeera.

I'm on WP8 w/Black update, btw...

Any Ideas?

wp_ss_20150607_0001.pngwp_ss_20150607_0004.pngwp_ss_20150607_0002.png

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I think I know what you mean, but I think that the slight graininess or blur is caused by the app rendering itself. The Logo may not be a simple piece of text but rather an image (larger in file size) so to save data (either from downloading a large image from the web or in conserving app space) only a low but still workable image is used.

At any rate, given the screenshots that you uploaded, there seems to be nothing really wrong with the image. As for the text, there are, indeed, some parts of the letters that were appear distorted, but they all look "normal".

The live tile quality also looks normal - small image in a small space = low quality text in image.

You may want to contact the app developer directly about it (if you're not using IE).

Have you tried using different apps?

And don't you want to update your device?

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Try do the following: In IE go to settings and under Data savings check that it's off. That way it will render page with best quality...

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I think I know what you mean, but I think that the slight graininess or blur is caused by the app rendering itself. The Logo may not be a simple piece of text but rather an image (larger in file size) so to save data (either from downloading a large image from the web or in conserving app space) only a low but still workable image is used.

At any rate, given the screenshots that you uploaded, there seems to be nothing really wrong with the image. As for the text, there are, indeed, some parts of the letters that were appear distorted, but they all look "normal".

The live tile quality also looks normal - small image in a small space = low quality text in image.

You may want to contact the app developer directly about it (if you're not using IE).

Have you tried using different apps?

And don't you want to update your device?

Re: Update - No, I prefer the FB/Twitter integration as well as having a fully functional ME tile ect...

Thanks for the tips & reassurance. Its not terrible. It just seems like it should be better. I'll get used to it I guess...Thanks!

Last edited:

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Try do the following: In IE go to settings and under Data savings check that it's off. That way it will render page with best quality...

I went hunting around in IE and I don't any setting to adjust/limit data. I also checked in Data Sense and didn't notice anything. I'll keep checking around. Good call! Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi