Really slow charging

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I plugged in my charger at around 12:35 am and then fell asleep,
I woke at 7:30 am thinking that it would be overcharged by now but it was actually only at around 97 % after so many hours.

While i understand sometimes it takes an extra 2-3 hours than the usual, this has me baffled.

A few things to note :
1. Yes I used the original charger and cable.
2. I didn't use it (in fact it was in flight mode)
3. Used a wall plug, not computer or wireless charger.
4. Im on the latest firmware, Denim.

Can anyone explain or have their opinions on this matter?
Would appreciate the feedback.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Was the phone warm? 920 has a bug where it can get warm and use a lot of power even when 'off' (standby). This slows charging.

Power off totally with no power attached if this occurs then re-power on.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Was the phone warm? 920 has a bug where it can get warm and use a lot of power even when 'off' (standby). This slows charging.

Power off totally with no power attached if this occurs then re-power on.

Thank you for the input.

However that doesnt seem to be the case. I've noticed that using a mutiplug or extension with multi power sockets seems to slow things down.

Eg: It may level the power output between a laptop, fan and charger.

I have yet to see it heat up and anyway use a fan to cool while charging, just in case. Minutes ago however, with the same power source and plug, it charged in reasons time.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
im having the same sloooow charge since yesterday.. phone is cool and original charger too.

I tthink its random. Try a different power socket (or better yet, only power your charger by itself, dont share the electricity with other devices)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss