Lumia 930 or wait?

Stormdrunk

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a bit of prospective from you wonderful people. I've had my Lumia 920 since December 2012. Phone is still working decently but showing age in performance and I'm not sure if it will last me until new windows 10 device is released. So I thought about buying an unlocked Lumia 930 as an upgrade. So on the fence, should I stick with the Lumia 920 with a windows 10 device on the distant horizon? or buy an unlocked 930?

Any perspective is appreciated!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It depends how much money you want to spend and which "extra" features a new device will have which you "really" need.
(I presume you read some reviews about the 930 so you "know" what you get but did you also consider the 830)

The 930 was in the Netherlands 550 Euro when it was introduced now it's dropped to 330euro.
And the price of a 930 will probably drop further if the new devices are released.

A new "W10" device will be I guess at the introduction around 600 euro (so considerable more expensive).

Stormdrunk

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

At this point everything would be an upgrade, better camera, "Hey Cortana", faster, bigger battery, more RAM etc.
I did consider an 830 but decided against a side grade.
I can get an unlocked Lumia 930 for $420 Canadian. Our carriers here subsidize phones so we don't pay the full amount for our devices. However our carriers don't offer a lot of windows phones. In Canada we never got the Lumia 930, 1520 or HTC ONE M8 for Windows. Our last Flagship was the Lumia 1020 and the only phone available right now is the Lumia 830 as the mid-range Flagship. So just thinking to get a newer flagship and then see what happens in a year with Windows 10 and the flagship device in Canada. Plus if I buy an unlocked phone I get cheaper carrier rates and I'm not locked into contract. So if my Carrier doesn't offer the new windows phone I can still buy them outright and go to another carrier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12