Battery Saver always on to limit rogue drains?

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the last update, my phone has been suffering the same battery drain issues many describe (no activity, yet massive/fast drops in battery). When you look at the % of usage, it doesn't add up, lending to the belief it's a rogue process hanging?

I was thinking of putting the phone ALWAYS on Battery Saver.
I would then go into each app, and "allow this app to run in the background even when Battery Saver is on"

Assuming I only use a few apps that need to run in the background (Whatsapp), I'm hoping this will let me use my phone AS AN ACTUAL PHONE.

Would this setup work? Is the functionality essentially the same since I activate "always in the background" for a couple apps I use?
Or is there still underlying limited functionality even if I do that?

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It will depend on what you are running in the background, and what apps you disable. On my phone almost all my apps are disabled to run in the background, the few exceptions are weather apps, calender app, battery saver all the rest are disabled. I never have saw the need to let apps run in the background. I have no trouble with anything working when I need it

Sometimes my wife has used Facebook on my phone and it is a battery hog running in the background staying connected to so many things and flipping out a notification every time something blinks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs