Windows Phone Update 2 (GDR2) Is there anyway I can force the update?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone Update 2 (GDR2)

Is there any way I can force this update on my 920? RM-820, ATT model. Currently running 8.1 Cyan. My understanding is that Windows Insider is now pushing 10 to this model.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
re:

Last I heard, Windows Insider isn't pushing Update 2 at all and going right to 10. That was from users, not an official statement or anything.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Not anymore you can't.

You can use the Preview for Devs to get Update 1, which I highly recommend, but otherwise no 2.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
re:

So... I downloaded the tool and installed it. I clicked through all the terms, etc. Then it asks me to login with my MS account, which I did and then it brings me to the "Developer account" screen and tells me I must be registered as a Windows Phone Developer and doesn't proceed any further. I then tapped 'learn more' and it tells me I need to register as a developer. I used Option 3 (Free method) and downloaded SDK and followed the steps to successfully 'dev unlock' my phone. I then went back to the tool and same thing, it just keeps asking me to register over and over again.

Is there not a free method to get to this work successfully? This is probably covered in another forum, but I can't find it!

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
re:

Just answered my own question, I connected my phone to my PC and opened developer power tools. Then I hit 'connect' for my phone and it immediately told me I needed to update the phone software and started the install.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
re:

Ok, the install seems like it was successful, but my 'about' screen still says Windows 8.1 Cyan. Did it go through, how do I tell? Everything looks the same.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Ok, the install seems like it was successful, but my 'about' screen still says Windows 8.1 Cyan. Did it go through, how do I tell? Everything looks the same.

I think the first update is just setting the table, try updating one or two more times.

Also at this point, whether it says "Cyan" or "Denim" doesn't matter, all that matters is whether it says "Windows Phone 8.1" or "Windows Phone 8.1 Update"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss