920 almost completely not responsive

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Had something really weird happen to my phone. When I went to bed last night, the phone was working ok, a 920 with the 10166 build for Windows 10 Mobile. This morning the alarm didn't go off. I pushed the power button to turn on the screen to see what was up, but nothing. I held the volume down + power and the phone vibrated after 15 seconds or so. I waited, still nothing. Thinking maybe the battery was really low I let it charge for 45 minutes while I went to the gym. Came back, and same issue. The screen won't come on, but holding volume + down eventually will cause it to vibrate, although if I keep holding it after it does, 15 seconds later it vibrates again.

I tried the Windows Phone recovery tool, but when I plug in the phone it doesn't get detected. I tried the Lumia Recovery tool as well with the same result.

Is there anything else I can do for my phone, or is it off to be recycled?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Report back if that doesn't help. The fact that it vibrates, but doesn't turn on, sounds like the battery is dead. Sometimes, these phones can get hung doing something like checking your email constantly, or have some other thing going, and eat your battery quickly.

Usually, a recharge and soft reset will do it.

Let us know, and we'll see if we can help.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Report back if that doesn't help. The fact that it vibrates, but doesn't turn on, sounds like the battery is dead. Sometimes, these phones can get hung doing something like checking your email constantly, or have some other thing going, and eat your battery quickly.

Usually, a recharge and soft reset will do it.

Let us know, and we'll see if we can help.

I don't know why, but over three hours of charging and a soft reset while on the charge plate and it came back! Thanks so much! I guess one of the cats knocked it off the plate last night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium