Nokia Drive and Here stopped working

jontyrees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi - I'm on my second 920, got my first one the week they came out, and still haven't found a phone I like better. BUT! I tried to use Here and Drive today, and the apps open then close after about 1 second. I tried both many times, same result. so I uninstalled them, thinking I would simply reinstall and all would be well. But now I can't find them anywhere to download. Not in the Windows Store, and a web search didn't find anything either. Anyone know what's going on? I really liked the navigation app, and the phone isn't nearly as useful with out them.

jontyrees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
WP8.0. I've resolutely refused the upgrade to 8.1 about 3x per week since I got this phone. The "upgrade" to 8.1 killed my first 920 - I got the whole ridiculous battery drainage, the phone would randomly call people in the middle of the night, camera stopped working altogether, and a host of other problems made it useless. I really don't want Cortana, and I just want the basic functionality of WP8. This has been the best, most reliable phone I've had, in it's original WP8 state!

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The newer versions of HERE may require 8.1 Assuming it had HERE on there to begin with (8.0, without downloading them), a factory reset should do it. Otherwise, you may have to upgrade. If you're worried about those 8.1 issues, a reset with upgrade to 8.1 should help, or you can spend the $80 for a 640, which, sadly, is actually a better overall phone (though it's lacking both style and the camera button).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05