When will my Nokia 920 be upgraded to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when will my nokia 920 be upgraded to windows 10

I see people already have their 920 upgraded so have I missed it somehow?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: when will my nokia 920 be upgraded to windows 10

You could have checked previous questions in this section.

Microsoft has never set an exact date for Windows 10 Mobile official release, wo all we can is guess. Most of us think and believe that it is coming somewhere in mid December, prretty soon i'd say. And this present build 10581 is probably going to be marked as the official, first wave, and that's the one you guys will get. If you've waited this much, then you can make it 15ish days more.

To sum things up. Your 920 is getting WM10 update, and will get most of the features that all other phones will, and this update is probably going to take place in some 10-15 days.

Elrinth

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
DO NOT run the Win 10 preview on your Lumia 920. It works like ****.
Here's a couple of reasons (I've run it for like 3 weeks now):
1. No longer can you see date and time on your lock screen.. It's just blank. You can actually select which program you want to show on the lock screen, but no matter what you select, nothing is there.
2. Horrible performance.
3. Trying to dial a number lags the input, this ignores input and sometimes presses same button multiple times, when it's trying to autocomplete a number for you from what you've dialed so far.
4. Trying to modify your email accounts doesn't work. I wanted for example to change my work email password since I changed password on my work (we have to change every 3 months). Doesn't work, so my work email is broken on my phone atm.
5. Setting custom message audio doesn't work
6. Setting custom alarm audio doesn't work.
7. Alarm can sometimes trigger, but doesn't play any audio at all.
8. The Edge browser randomly doesn't work (requires shut down and power up of mobile)

ETC ETC. I decided to downgrade to the normal 8.1 firmware again since it worked much better for me.

Last edited:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

I don't have any of those issues on my Lumia 920 (well, can't say about the email as I don't have one for work going through my phone). To each their own though, but had it on the preview since the beginning of Summer, and that was crazy, but the last couple of builds for that phone has actually been well.

Wish my 950 XL was on 10586.11, though that's something else entirely.

Elrinth

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

You know what's great tho? They have this nice new reporting system incase stuff ain't working like it's supposed to... and I am not the only one having these problems. I know for a fact atleast one other person had the same problem to set their own melodies as alarm audio as I read it in the report system. There was a button to browse for own audio, but pressing it nothing happened.

I was going to record a video of how broken the firmware was, but I forgot about it and simply reverted back to 8.1. It's not ready yet, just sit tight and wait till Microsoft boned out most issues.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

My 920 is running quite well on 10586 as well. Just a couple of minor problems and shorter battery life. But easily usable as my daily driver. I wouldn't go back. I wonder why users of the same phone have such disparate experiences. Elrinth, did you perform a hard reset without a backup restore after upgrading?

Jonah Travisano

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Wow... That's quite a few bugs in the soup. I've put Windows 10 on my 920 and I haven't had any of those problems... Seems strange that for some W10 is fine and for others is a mess... If I had those problems is go back also.

Red​920

Elrinth

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

My 920 is running quite well on 10586 as well. Just a couple of minor problems and shorter battery life. But easily usable as my daily driver. I wouldn't go back. I wonder why users of the same phone have such disparate experiences. Elrinth, did you perform a hard reset without a backup restore after upgrading?

I did the hard reset, installed all my old data... Then upgraded. Then installed my old data (did you guys throw away all your old data?). Maybe that's why it's working like shiz?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

If by old data you mean texts and pictures, etc., yes, I started all over fresh.

You said you did a hard reset then upgraded. You need to do the reset after you install the update.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

I did the hard reset, installed all my old data... Then upgraded. Then installed my old data (did you guys throw away all your old data?). Maybe that's why it's working like shiz?

Nope, just upgraded from 8.1 and have not got around to doing a hard reset. I am not having any significant issues.

anon(6092367)

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

What data am I going to lose if I decide to upgrade, do a hard reset and then install the backup? I'm not really sure what data gets backed up. I don't wanna lose my photos (even though they're on OneDrive i like them sorted by date on the phone), contacts & whatsapp texts. But Whatsapp also does a backup regularly so i guess im not losing those.

The problem with my 920 on 8.1 is that it's incredibly slow. When i bought it more than 2 years ago it was super fast. And I think I'll have to do a hardreset to get it working faster again.. But I'm worried about all the data..

Is it correct that the best option for my phone would be: upgrade (once the official version for 920 arrives), hard reset and upload my photos onto the phone manually via PC, install whatsapp and use the backup it creates itself ?!
But what about the contacts, how do I restore those?

Sorry for all those questions, but I'm asking myself for a long time, how I'm gonna "fix" my 920 again so it's enjoyable again using it without losing my data. (And on top, I'd like to use Windows Phone 10)

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Your photos will be on OneDrive, but you can always download them back to the phone if you wish. But OneDrive now organizes them by date too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs