Phone has stopped connecting to PC and now has stopped playing the music that is on it, ARGGHH! What can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Phone has stopped connecting to PC and now has stopped playing the music that is on it, ARGGHH!

HI there,
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 for the past 8 months. I have only managed to connect it to my PC about 4 times in total and that was using three different laptops. I have changed the cable in case that was the problem and made sure I am updated. I have also done a factory re-set. I have a tiny fraction of my music digital library on there.
The limited library I do have has now suddenly stopped playing the music that is on there. it comes up with: Sorry we are not able to play this song right now. Please try again later.
Being able to play music is a really big issue for me. I used to have a HTC and am thinking about going back if I can't solve this problem. It's getting beyond a joke now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated before I give up

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So the phone isn't playing the music that is on it? are the songs on the phone itself? or did you add them to onedrive so you can stream them? (in that case you need an active internet connection)..

As for the phone not connecting to you PC.. Since you already stated that you have used different cables we can move on from there. The next logical step would be to try different usb ports..

If that fails as well, I would suggest you check device manager (keep the phone connected via usb) to see if there are any unrecognized ports. If there are, we're dealing with driver issues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire