Lumia 920 - Cell data no longer working..sometimes?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 920 - Cell data no longer working...sometimes

Specs

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
Purchased: Jan/2013
Core Build: 3051.50009.1451.10458
Service Provider: Rogers Canada

Background

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 that I purchased back in Jan/2013 that's on a contract with Rogers (Canada). It's in good shape having only been dropped a few times but none of them have been serious and with no damage other than a single ding.

The Issue

Starting around March 12th I lost cell service to my phone. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. It wasn't dropped or anything. Periodically it would come back on though for a few minutes before it disconnected again. I noticed that it would come back on just after midnight and it would turn off again around 8:00am. I also noticed yesterday that when I got outside the wireless network of my house, the data returned. When I got to my location (where there was wi-fi that I wasn't connected to yet) the data was disconnected again but when I disabled the wi-fi, the data returned. When I got back home my phone had disconnected again but when it wasn't fixed by playing with the wi-fi settings this time. It just stayed disconnected.

I've since restored my phone to factory settings and Rogers reset my data. Both of these did actually work but only for about 2min before it disconnected again. They're claiming that it's a problem with my phone and I would believe that except for the fact that the cell data does return at specific points (away from the house and wireless spots and at midnight almost on the dot). Right now in "Cellular+SIM" it's showing that there is "no network found" and the SIM settings are set to "ROGERS ####" (for last digits of my phone number).

Has anyone had this kind of issue before and what you did to resolve it?
Thank you in advanced for your help.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 - Cell data no longer working...sometimes

I feel the phone might be going south.

Can you corroborate the issue with another ROGERS phone? I really think some part inside your phone has gone on the fritz.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I updated 2 phones to Windows 10 and they both did the same thing. I thought it was m sim but it turned out I had to to a clean upgrade. Have you tried a sim from another phone? Maybe a cheapo like H20 wireless or something like that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)