Firmware Flash

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, I've been using the MS recovery tool and am wondering, is it possible to flash a previous firmware? Or can MS do this at one of their stores? My wife's Lumia 920 doesn't seem to be resolving and before I attempt a repair I'd love to first try a previous version of the firmwar.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Earlier firmware will unlikely to work any differently to the latest in DRT.

A store should be able to help load the latest but I don't think it will be different from the DRT version.

What do you mean by 'resolving'?

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Real, thanks for the help. I updraded her phone to Windows 10 and all was well. Then suddenly it began dropping the signal, cycling from LTE to 4G to LTE and then dropped cell data (no particular order). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - 50/50.

I tried putting in a sim from H20 and it didn't even find the h20 network. My only other guess is the sim card is going bad but that just doesn't make sense to me. I would think either a sim is bad or it's not.

Anyways, being that I have an exact model (except for color) as her, lumia 920, and mine works perfectly with the same OS and firmware, I figured maybe we have different internals. Maybe her antenna is mfg from someone else and therefore her phone can only handle up to a certain firmware.

Whats really odd is that my phone did this same thing and eventually it started working again. I did change the sim on mine when it was going bad but it acted poorly after I got my new sim. I thought my phone was dust. Then suddenly it started working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05