8.1 to 10 TP - WhatsApp History Retained?

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
No I didn't upgrade but that's how upgrades are supposed to work. It does not tamper with user data.

Agreed, though it is a technical preview. If there is anyone else out there who has upgraded with WhatsApp, could you take a second to share this with me? It's quite important that I keep this data and without the SD card I'm counting on the upgrade process to work.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, though it is a technical preview. If there is anyone else out there who has upgraded with WhatsApp, could you take a second to share this with me? It's quite important that I keep this data and without the SD card I'm counting on the upgrade process to work.

Without SD card? I made sure I backuped my chat database using whatsapp setting and then i upgraded to Win10. It worked smoothly and updated from sd card automatically as it asked me if I wanted to restore data. I'm sure for 920 or devices with sd card it will be fine as existing data will not erased at time of soft upgrade

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Without SD card? I made sure I backuped my chat database using whatsapp setting and then i upgraded to Win10. It worked smoothly and updated from sd card automatically as it asked me if I wanted to restore data. I'm sure for 920 or devices with sd card it will be fine as existing data will not erased at time of soft upgrade

As stated there is no SD card in my 920, I'm not aware of any 920's with SD cards.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
You could do backup from WhatsApp. Then plug your 920 to a computer.

There are two folders you need to copy to your computer
1. From the computer look for and copy out the WhatsApp folder (this is the actual backup you did earlier)
2. Then go into the Picture folder. And look for the other WhatsApp folder (where all the WhatsApp media are stored)

After you reset, you will reinstall the apps. Copy the contents from the computer back to the phone (gotta be the same location)

Hopefully WhatsApp will find your backup and ask to restore.

I used to have a 920 on W10. Restoring is a hit and miss. At times the restored picture won't work (blurred).... broken links

I hope this helps. Maybe someone else who is using 920 now can further assist ya.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon