Why does my Lumia 920 Camera only work after restarting the phone?

Natsue

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 920 Camera only work after restarting the phone

Using the original Camera on the Lumia 920. When I try to make a photo I get only a black screen. Then I have to close down the whole telephone and restart it, and the camera function starts to work again until I stop taking photos. Then reentering into the camera function later the screen is black again and camera doesn't work.. For taking new pictures I have to close down the telephone again and restart it. Please advice. I have tried to install other camera apps but they dont work either.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 Camera only work after restarting the phone

What OS version are you on? Is your phone memory available to store pics?

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 Camera only work after restarting the phone

Using the original Camera on the Lumia 920. When I try to make a photo I get only a black screen. Then I have to close down the whole telephone and restart it, and the camera function starts to work again until I stop taking photos. Then reentering into the camera function later the screen is black again and camera doesn't work.. For taking new pictures I have to close down the telephone again and restart it. Please advice. I have tried to install other camera apps but they dont work either.

Sometimes happens to me, though if I close the camera and reopen it doesn't always go black. If you point the lens directly into a light you might be able to see it slightly. Rebooting fixes for me but have never come across a permanent fix.

Hazzan Zia

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
It's happens to me too but not too often. Just once in a while. The screen gets black but if you point it to bring light you'll be able to see some light in green tint. This is mostly software problem not hardware but don't know why it happen and there is no fix.
I suggest update your phone through developers preview app and it might reduce it occurrence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos