Why am I unable to install Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 920(with insider)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can't install Windows 10 mobile on my lumia 920(with insider)

Hi, i using lumia 920(windows phone 8.1 denim), I install "windows insider" and selecting insider slow or fast, restarting and when i select check for updates, writing "your phone is up to date" , i make hard format and flash with windows device recovery tool and never changed. Try everything but say "your phone up to date". Please help me.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't install Windows 10 mobile on my lumia 920(with insider)

Try the Release ring. I believe Slow and Fast are Redstone builds that won't run on the 920. I installed 10586.494 this morning on my 920 from the Release ring.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Try the Release ring. I believe Slow and Fast are Redstone builds that won't run on the 920. I installed 10586.494 this morning on my 920 from the Release ring.

How did you do it? I tried over the weekend to update my old Lumia 920, and it said it wasn't able to do it (used the Windows Advisor - or something - App, to check).

Do you have a quick and easy step-by-step?

Thanks.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

How did you do it? I tried over the weekend to update my old Lumia 920, and it said it wasn't able to do it (used the Windows Advisor - or something - App, to check).

Do you have a quick and easy step-by-step?

Thanks.

some users reported being locked out due to unsupported phones - this though seems random -you got hit by that

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes I did Chintan, does this mean that my phone can NOT be updated, or does it mean it was an error?

using upgrade advisor you cannot update your 920
Using insider app on release ring, you could be able - no guarantee

For insider option - enrol into windows insider program
Download insider app for the phone
Install and sign in - select release ring option and follow instructions
Do a backup before installing

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

using upgrade advisor you cannot update your 920
Using insider app on release ring, you could be able - no guarantee

For insider option - enrol into windows insider program
Download insider app for the phone
Install and sign in - select release ring option and follow instructions
Do a backup before installing

Thank you for the information Chintan,

Would you consider this release ring, a stable ring? I gave my 920 to my girlfriend, and she just needs a dependable form of communications. I will give her my 950XL, when (if) the Surface Phone shows up:0

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I used the Windows Insider app as Chintan described.

Jeff, are you happy with this release ring on the 920? would you recommend it for the never future? Will it be supported for a while? I definitely wouldn't want to brick this phone:(

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

1. The Release Ring is your only option if you want 10.

2. It's okay in terms of stability but there's a chance that things can go wrong. Worst case is a hard reset most likely.

3. Support for it ends in a couple weeks when everything goes to Redstone. Technically though, support for the 920 ended with 8.1 Update 1.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

1. The Release Ring is your only option if you want 10.

2. It's okay in terms of stability but there's a chance that things can go wrong. Worst case is a hard reset most likely.

3. Support for it ends in a couple weeks when everything goes to Redstone. Technically though, support for the 920 ended with 8.1 Update 1.

xandros, thank you for your reply. Deadline for Release Ring: 7/29, yes???

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Jeff, are you happy with this release ring on the 920? would you recommend it for the never future? Will it be supported for a while? I definitely wouldn't want to brick this phone:(

The last several releases have been quite stable. I will experience a spontaneous reboot maybe once per week. I'd you do have problems, a hard reset usually fixes it.

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I would like to share my experience on the windows 10 update I was trying. At first I too was getting message your phone is upto date. I was even trying release ring but I was getting a message an update is already in progress. Again I clicked on release ring then uninstalled windows insider and the update started downloading and right now I'm on windows 10 after trying to get the update since yesterday. I was on denim 8.1 update 1 and strangely my phone updated directly to 10 and not the update 2 at first. So, What has happened ? Why has the build program stopped? Sorry I was under the rock for a while lol

Matt DB87

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I understand that. I did read the previous posts and have done that. After I select the release ring it says the update is ready and to go to my phone update menu. When I go there and select Check for Updates it says "We are currently unable to check for updates (80072f8f)". It has been saying that ever since I installed the first thing that installed when I started Windows Insider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)