So who is getting a nokia 925

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting one tomorrow! I'm switching from an iPhone 5, and I'm still sort of having doubts. But I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna love my WP8!

I reckon you will love the 925 and its Live Tiles. Make sure you check out the Nokia Pro cam application which is one of my all time favourite applications.

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The Z10 is very nice to hold in the hand. It has this rubber-like back - it's nit possible to drop it. In contrast to that IMHO the 925 is very slippy.

loisegrcia

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I reckon you will love the 925 and its Live Tiles. Make sure you check out the Nokia Pro cam application which is one of my all time favourite applications.

Hi! Yes, I'm loving mine! I doubt I'm going to miss my iPhone 5, haha. This phone is really sexy and I love how the WP8 works.

mriveaa

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Decide to ditch my s3 yesterday and grabbed a 925 from Tmo.

Love the device and windows phone 8.This is my first windows phone experience

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So which color to get? White, grey or black? I like that grey blends nicely with the bessel but am unsure of the other two colors. Help me out broheimzzzzzzzz

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Have black. Originally wanted gray but went for black. Really no reason it just 'called' me. :D

sent from within the depths of my brain

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a 710. My friend let me try his 920 out for a couple of weeks and I was sold on the upgrade. Got my 925 today. Awesome hardware.

zinksilver

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine on Thursday and I must say it is a joy to use! It's beautiful, intuitive and it's the first time I step into the Windows Phone platform.
Actually I'm a power user and have Android and iOS as well, but they start to become pale, pure imitations and android sure gives me tons of lag (frustrating).

I bought the unlocked version, (I do work at Vodafone and could have gone for the 32GB, but storage isn't a problem for me) and also do my best to recommend Windows Phone to everyone. Guess what - my favourite system so far. And phone. Love them! :D

I'm Rick, cheers everyone.

Last edited:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Rick, and welcome to the world of Windows Phone. I'm glad you are loving the experience so far and couldn't agree more with your sentiments.
It makes a nice change to read a positive post instead of the usual negative ones moaning about the little things their Windows Phones can't do but their old Symbian phones could.
Hopefully you will stick around and contribute to the forums. This forum and site is the best around in my humble opinion.

zinksilver

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
@WoezelGummage well thank you :)

I'll make sure to keep updated with the latest WP news with this site only (and sometimes wmpoweruser.com). Heck I even read WPCentral for like a year and only got into Windows Phone now (the site is great and also made me aware of apps, ecosystem, updates, etc). I'll also participate as much as I can in the forums, and help whenever it's in my reach.
It's great to see a big community here, as I'm getting tired (just like you mentioned) of all the bashing and negative comments about Windows Phone everywhere on the Internet. I mean, it's an ultra-fluid OS (I just stare at the screen and drool all over the smooth animations) and it has the perfect ecosystem for me, as I use Outlook, Office alot (& Xbox). So I decided to give it a go and now it will be Android/iOS no more, no regrets here.

And sorry guys for the bit-off-topic up here^. As for the Lumia 925, great slim body, I got the black version and it still looks different and sexy. People are always amazed by the screen when they see it and are just like "What phone is that? Is that a Lumia?!!!". I also love the fact that I didn't even install facebook because the People Hub just "replaces" it.

So yeah, I'm loving it, just the battery is not lasting as *much* as I wanted, but I've been giving it moderate to heavy usage. Also people around here say in about a week battery gets better/settles down? (I also have almost everything turned off so I can get extra juice to take pictures with that Pureview camera)

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that Rick. I must say that the integrated Facebook feature is a hundred times more fluid in operation than the dedicated Facebook app for Android. Okay, it might not have all the bells and whistles of the dedicated app but it is a lot better to use.

Your battery should settle down after a while but overall battery performance isn't stellar in Windows Phone, well at least not on my 920 or 1020. Mind you, I do tend to spend a fair amount of time tinkering about with them so I don't have anything to grumble about really.

If the screen on your 925 is anything like the screen on my 1020 then I have to agree that it's stunning to say the least. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I was sure but now am Undecided... Is Daniel Rubino's comparison with the iPhone 5S camera True? :unhappysweat:
Although I like the lowlight camera feature and the OIS feature wasn't compared/tested vs. the 5S.

Can the camera be inferior compared to the iPhone 5S?

???

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was sure but now am Undecided... Is Daniel Rubino's comparison with the iPhone 5S camera True? :unhappysweat:
Although I like the lowlight camera feature and the OIS feature wasn't compared/tested vs. the 5S.

Can the camera be inferior compared to the iPhone 5S?

???

The short answer is yes. Who cares? They are both GREAT cameras. If you're happy with it, then it doesn't matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers