So who is getting a nokia 925

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm undecided I had a 920 on ATT and while I'll miss wireless charging it's not essential! What I really want is 32GB of space, I have a 16GB nexus and I'm definitely running out of space.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You need to visit EU if you want it in June - with international version. T-Mobile will get it in early August is my info!
Besides internal memory, will there be only 1 version of the 925? Just wondering if the international version will have all the bands required for TMo US.

I'm a little reluctant because I'm worried that TMo will suddenly EOL the phone if it's not selling well. If updates don't have to go through TMo, then it'll be a non-issue.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Besides internal memory, will there be only 1 version of the 925? Just wondering if the international version will have all the bands required for TMo US.

I'm a little reluctant because I'm worried that TMo will suddenly EOL the phone if it's not selling well. If updates don't have to go through TMo, then it'll be a non-issue.

There are three variants of the 925. A global one, a US one and a third which I think is for the Chinese market. Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 925

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I will buy one.
I think all know that I am not a Nokia lover, mainly because I have had trouble with their devices, however I intend to give one as a present to someone I know and like who is a Nokia fan.
I see the 925 as a huge step in the right direction, easy to hold for people with smaller hands, lighter and good looking and hopefully with a sharp daylight camera.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I could never hold a 920 with just two fingers, one on the rear one on the display. It would slide down because of its weight.

You just must not have a strong grip. Granted I didn't have a problem with my 920's weight, I still want a main phone to break my need or two (920 is my Media, 8X is my normal use) on Tmobile. I'm really hoping Tmobile has a 32GB version, or the global version has all proper bands and unlocked for Tmobiles HSPA+ and 4G LTE.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You just must not have a strong grip. Granted I didn't have a problem with my 920's weight, I still want a main phone to break my need or two (920 is my Media, 8X is my normal use) on Tmobile. I'm really hoping Tmobile has a 32GB version, or the global version has all proper bands and unlocked for Tmobiles HSPA+ and 4G LTE.

No, here in Switzerland the air is often very dry, my hands get dry and I loose grip. A lighter phone reduces the problem.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
No, here in Switzerland the air is often very dry, my hands get dry and I loose grip. A lighter phone reduces the problem.

Ohh I don't know then, because I'm gonna be honest, I treat my phones like crap (I know) but I never lost grip of a phone but once, and I resting it on palm with no grip. But as I'm listening to music when I forget headphones with bag at home, I grab the 920 by it's center screen and center back and twirl it in 360's like a cart wheel as I'm waiting for the bus.

I can do this in like 10 and below weather with dry hand and not lose grip (I almost lost grip with cheap cotton gloves on.

It's all based on the person I guess, on a side note, I almost drop my 8X (and have dropped it more) than my L920.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I think this is my next phone. I'm currently on Sprint and have the Arrive. I'm tired of waiting on Sprint to get a WP8 device, and T-Mobile's $30 unlimited data and text plan with a Lumia 925 sounds perfect.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised none of the major Canadian carriers have mentioned anything about the 925 or 928 yet. I guess they're too busy on their Dullberry kick at the moment.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The 925 isn't meant for 920 owners in the first place as those owners were more than likely on AT&T or whatever exclusive carrier Nokia sided with. Its meant for those of us (T-Mobile and others) who have been drooling to get our hands on a flagship Nokia device albeit with lowered storage. What a dumb move Nokia!
So true. I agree that they could have given T-Mo users a better device by now.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering it as an early upgrade. I sold my Lumia 800 about 2 months ago to buy a 620 and nice as it is, I would rather have had bought the 920 at the time, just couldn't afford it. While I think the 925 is slightly less visually appealing, it being thinner and lighter and with a better camera (the main selling point for me) is a big plus.

I'll have to wait and see what the tariffs are, but I'm willing to put up to ?100 down up front if I can get a contract for under ?30 per month. Anything more than that, up front or per month and I'll just stick with what I've got.

MartyAB

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im getting one. But since i live in Sweden i have to wait until maybey October when its due here. Or ill buy one off Ebay in June.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The more I read and see about this phone, the more excited I am!

Sorry, but I've had an Arrive for two years. Sue me. :winktongue:

im like u, at first didnt like it then saw videos, and thought i was sold on the 928, and now just waiting to compare. i think itll be my new phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte