Pictures / Video taken with your 925

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the place to put all of your awesome pictures/video's captured on your Nokia Lumia 925's.

[info]
Guidelines:

• Off-topic Posts will be edited or removed. Please respect our community rules no matter how good your photo is.
  • The moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or remove your posts as necessary so they comply with our Community Rules.
  • The forum will automatically resize your picture thumbnails so the forum structure isn't broken.

Feel free to look over the Community Rules & Guidelines here: before your post your image(s).
[/info]

For a guide on how to use your phone's camera to take better pictures see here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/gu...so-you-want-take-better-pictures-[guide].html

Last edited:

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Noise levels are on 920 levels, as expected

201305141819y00WnO.jpg

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Noise looks much finer grade compared to 920. Edges of photo doesn't look blurred and looks pretty sharp overall also.

I completely agree, lets blow up some 920 Photos to Full Res and look for noise. When this is broken down to it most people wont EVER go over a desktop wall paper sized blowup of a photo, that's just life and for how it looks in it's current state, it will look like a professional camera on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and on forums such as this. The scaled image looks absolutely amazing.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
A 5MP camera from two years ago looks good on facebook and twitter. What's your point? Are you making thte same argument that pixels and noise doesn't matter on small *** images, the same argument HTC is making for their ultrapixel camera? If mediocrity and "just good enough" was Nokia's motto, then I really don't see the point of it even having a fanbase at all. It's not all about sharing on crappy low-res sites. People do keep these images for later viewing and posterity, send them to friends and family at full resolution, edit them, and do a million other things where image quality and pixel detail count. And people do pinch to ZOOM on their phones when looking at photos. Not to mention noise and soft muddy details in low light shots can be seen even in ****ty facebook form. Even on a relatively low res 720p display of a Lumia.
Put up a good argument, but if you're posting on some photography website or anything of the sort, get a DSLR. Anything that requires a good photo like that requires DSLR. 90% of photos that are taken are either just saved on phone, used as wallpaper (in case of family pics/baby pics), posted on a social website or anything of that sort. Anything else (printing, tutorials, proho enthusiast, etc) should use a phone camera. The argument of noise still stand, I can blow this up on my 1080P 23" screen and it still has BARELY any noise at that level. This camera goes beyond ANY smartphone camera I can find (besides the 808 IMO) this is my opinion and ima stand with it. Let me show any pics coming from this camera to my friends, and family (I'll even choose one who does photography for a living) and the point is, this is EXTREMELY impressive for a phone. At first glance looks like an expensive point n shoot.

adamfehres

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Well got the Nokia lumia 925. Love it over my 800. However not sure on camera yes it takes good pics if everyone is still or if light level is ok. Flash lights up the target but you don't see background and little bit of movement blurs pics when trying to take pic of my son. I'll post pics later off my photo bucket account.

Any tips or hints greatly appreciated..

Adam

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Edited with photos. Pics are all on auto apart from one.

First my son playing with fathers day card

tazepaze.jpg

Now my son resting head on sofa no flash

a6ezesaj.jpg

And last with flash

ju7ujesa.jpg

Last edited:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Also, having a light source behind the subject will always give you worse results than either having no direct light source behind, or the light source in front of the subject. If you had closed the curtain you would have probably gotten much better results in the first picture of your sleeping son.

sousekd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Few pictures taken on sunny day, full auto. default settings. I think the sky has been much more blue that day, but I may be just a very bad photographer :)

WP_20130623_005.jpgWP_20130623_017.jpgWP_20130623_027.jpgWP_20130623_042.jpgWP_20130623_028.jpg

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Few pictures taken on sunny day, full auto. default settings. I think the sky has been much more blue that day, but I may be just a very bad photographer :)

Looks like bit over exposed but colours are correct to my eye. For same reason sky is burned through and one notch EV value down should be enough to correct that. Same shots with 920 would have looked horrendous. So yeah, great improvement over 920 what i can tell. I'm also delighted to see that noise levels are good.

Overall those shots look quite good for phones camera, but i am waiting EOS, unless it costs astronomical amount of €uros :smile:

maddyUK

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought 925 and it's been 5 days since I'm using it. I thought when we shot pictures they will be fantastic with top quality compared to any other phone. I hate to say this, but I'm not happy with some shots esp when I tried to shot pic pointed to sun (on cloudy day). I don't know how bad it will be when it is bright sunny day and tried to shot pointing towards Sun. Picture is a bit dark and only background is highlighted. What makes me disappointing is same picture shot with iPhone4s is with better clarity. The result is same when background is more brighter.

I'm using windows phone from launch day in UK and waited this long for a good WP8 hardware. After all hype created by Nokia about low light photography, I was not able to agree that I was smoked by iPhone :( in photography. I must agree, other pics are good shot by Lumia 925 which means I need to find a suitable location to shot pic where there is enough light in the foreground or camera is not pointing to direct sunlight. My mate who is using iPhone4s didn't find the same problem.

This is really disturbing and thinking to exchange Lumia 925 with iPhone 5 if I can :(

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I thought the NO light pictures were even more amazing! The GF3 looked nearly completely black and the 925 looked like the GF3 with low light.

In fact, you grabbed the wrong picture. The second one you posted was the 925 with NO light. Here's the GF3 with low light:
15w-lamp-Panasonic-GF3.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo