Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Post below if you think your Nokia Lumia 925 has any issues or isn't behaving as it should. This thread is for the discussion of any hardware or software issues.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

[note]
Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.
[/note]

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!

deedeeaitch

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum as I've just switched from an iPhone 3GS to a shiny new Lumia 925. Still getting used to the different OS but generally really pleased with the phone. I say "generally" as I'm now on my second handset from Vodafone UK, but this one seems to have the same issue as the first. When I make a phone call, I get a noise in the earpiece which is very similar to the noise you get when you hold a mobile phone next to a speaker (the duh duh duh duh noise!). When you're out and about it's not so noticeable but in a quiet room it's incredibly distracting. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or whether I've been unlucky with two faulty handsets...?

I should also add that the issue occurs in multiple locations (inside and outside) and my wife can also hear the noise so I know it's not just in my head :wink:

Cheers.

adamfehres

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Try turning your in call volume down one had this problem on my lumia 800 and that worked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

sousekd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
2 issues so far

So... I have it for 3 days now. Two issues so far:

1) Plastic cover on back side does not fit perfectly with alu frame. There is a small gap between the two on the top of the device. This has been also reported by some reviewers.

Solution: ignore it - nothing major

2) Battery life has been horrible so far. 3rd full recharge and after an hour just 90% remaining, 9 hours estimated... I double checked everything, all settings set the same as I have been used to with my previous WP devices.

Solution: switch off Glance and/or Double Tap to awake... After another 2 hours, still 90% and estimate more then 1 day, so I hope things will return to normal...

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Re: 2 issues so far

So... I have it for 3 days now. Two issues so far:

1) Plastic cover on back side does not fit perfectly with alu frame. There is a small gap between the two on the top of the device. This has been also reported by some reviewers.

Solution: ignore it - nothing major
The Verge actually called Nokia about that gap for their review. Here's what they said.
"Nokia tells me this is normal, that it provides access for technicians as there are no visible screws on the device. It spoils the clean lines and overall design of the device, but it's something that you won't notice initially. It's like finding that first scratch on your brand new car — it's irritating, but you'll get over it."

anon(6107686)

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
When I make a phone call, I get a noise in the earpiece which is very similar to the noise you get when you hold a mobile phone next to a speaker (the duh duh duh duh noise!). When you're out and about it's not so noticeable but in a quiet room it's incredibly distracting. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or whether I've been unlucky with two faulty handsets...?
Yes, I can agree this. That?s exactly the issue on my two! devices from amazon.

deedeeaitch

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I can agree this. That?s exactly the issue on my two! devices from amazon.

Hmm interesting.

I've spent a bit more time using the phone now and have noticed that the problem isn't always there - sometimes the call quality is crystal clear with no annoying background noise. I'm starting to wonder if it's to do with the type of connection the phone has got (2G, Edge, 3G, etc). I've also read that this handset actually has a number of different antennas and that the phone decides which one to use based on how the phone is being held. All sounds very clever, but perhaps that has something to do with it...

It's frustrating because I really like the phone in general and don't actually make that many phone calls, but it's enough of an issue to bother me. I don't know whether to try a 3rd handset, to just put up with it, or to look for a different phone.

By the way, I've tried the tip about turning the call volume down and it does make the noise quieter, but it also makes the phone call quieter (as it should!) so it's not really a satisfactory solution.

adamfehres

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Noticed this today while on phone first time its happened hung up called back and had gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering buying tha 925 (currently use 820) n all I really wanna know is, has the "other" memory been rectified with the OS n Amber updates??? I really love my Lumia but missing GB's of memory is seriously pissin me off!!!

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering buying tha 925 (currently use 820) n all I really wanna know is, has the "other" memory been rectified with the OS n Amber updates??? I really love my Lumia but missing GB's of memory is seriously pissin me off!!!

I think by tha same time frame I had about 1gig so I wouldn't call 500megs much of n improvement:( damn wots wrong with Microsoft! I understand the 3 screens n a cloud thing but I'm NOT waiting til 2020

lol I just quoted myself:) u eediot!

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Noticed the date/time keeps changing, woke up this morning at 6:50 as my alarm didn't go off as the calendar said it was Sunday. Have noticed the time has changed a few times over the past few days too, don't know if this is a bug or human error :S but we'll see what happens. Happened yest when i ran my battery down using flashlight xt. Also Three UK doesn't support automatically setting the date and time using radio frequency

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Its not sounding like I'll b abandoning my 820 anytime soon as I'm hearing little complaints like this alot!! That's MS fault as there's nothing wrong with the hardware

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
This is crazy. Just installed Audiocloud to stream some music and my screen messes up, now i have red and green pixelated blocks all over my screen. Looks like i dropped it, but it hasn't. I have uninstalled the app, nothin. Turned off the phone and nothing, even restarted the phone from fresh, nothing. Phoned Three and they're offering me a "one off exchange" i don't feel that this is suitable as something could happen to the new phone. Im going to enquire about insurance today.

jamie harman

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, faults are not being able to type in this forum without the keyboard popping up and down whilst trying to type..... Grrrr very annoying. Only with some luck has the keyboard stayed up for me to type. Other issues are the whatsapp app wasn't able to verify my number but found the solution by turning off assistive international settings and bam - it worked!
Preorder from three last week and aqquired yesterday - iphone4 retired from active service. Loving the setup and gui.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism