T-Mobile USA 925 pricing

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go to crazy-ville for this answer, but I'm betting we won't see pricing under $549.99 on it. The 521 came out online at $129.88 at Wal-Mart and broke at T-Mobile today at $199.99! The 16GB Galaxy S IV is $629.99 and the S III is still listed at $549.99... I can't see this coming in any lower than $549.99... In fact, being a flag ship, it might even take on the HTC One at $579.99.

With it not being as popular of model, the cost will be higher as they have to purchase at a higher cost. I'd look for that $549.99 price out the door or $69.99 down and $20 a month for 24 months.

That $199 price you're quoting is for prepaid. It includes a $50 refill card.
There's also another listing for $150 on a two year plan.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You can get it for $99 on contract with T-Mobile or $499 for month to month. Not sure about no contract however? I sure it not going to be unlocked either. T-Mobile seems to not like to unlock their phones unlike AT&T! Coming out sometime in July too; probably the beginning!

I just found this out today(see above); when I was having happy hour and a T-Mobile store manager got off work and I purchase a couple of beers and we talked. The iPhone5 and Galaxy 4S are selling well. Windows is a loser according to him.

He just switch to the iPhone5 and is waiting for the next generation iPhone to come out! He never try a Windows phone!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Good to know! I wonder if it will be available to just purchase for those of us on prepaid.
Oh you know it will be. Every single phone T-Mobile has ever sold has always been available at full price and you could use it with your prepaid sim. I'm sure 925 won't be any exception... would be weird if they required a plan with it. That would turn people off.

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Every single device i have bought from T-Mobile i've been able to unlock it within the first week. Since I never buy my phones on contract I pay for them full price and once I put the sim I call customer service and explain to them I paid full price and within days they send me the unlock code. That's with T-Mobile not other carriers.Maybe this time EXCLUSIVITY might play a roll in unlocking the device but if that is not the case i'm sure they will give the codes.Another thing is for sure don't expect to get the Lumia 925 for less than $550 even if you pay full price. Maybe you can't get it cheaper at a Microsoft store but knowing T-Mobile is very hard they sell it for less than that .You can expect even more than $550 at T-Mobile. If not you can check price of the 8x or even the Lumia 810 at launch and you will see what I'm talking about

amazon-fan

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
300-350 if Nokia wants to get the market. They may need to sell directly through Microsoft store or Amazon. T-mobile always want to charge higher price. Example nexus 4.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Every single device i have bought from T-Mobile i've been able to unlock it within the first week. Since I never buy my phones on contract I pay for them full price and once I put the sim I call customer service and explain to them I paid full price and within days they send me the unlock code. That's with T-Mobile not other carriers.Maybe this time EXCLUSIVITY might play a roll in unlocking the device but if that is not the case i'm sure they will give the codes.
Fortunately, T-Mobile is giving the power of phone unlocking to the retail stores this time around, and the phone can be unlocked at point of sale if paid in full. They may already be doing that now, actually. It may only be corporate-owned stores, but who knows... maybe authorized dealers can do it now? *shrug*

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Just to note, with T-Mo if you buy full retail, they will unlock it. It may take in excess of 10 days, but eventually they will.
Actually there policy when buying a fully unlocked phone will to be have had at least 40 days of service. If you're a current customer than its not an issue, but if you're new they won't unlock it until after 40 days.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Fortunately, T-Mobile is giving the power of phone unlocking to the retail stores this time around, and the phone can be unlocked at point of sale if paid in full. They may already be doing that now, actually. It may only be corporate-owned stores, but who knows... maybe authorized dealers can do it now? *shrug*
Not what I was told at 2 different stores. Unless you're a current costumer they will not unlock the phone for 40 days. Again I am only going by what the stores told me, but then again things tend to vary from store to store.

Exhibit13

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
If the ATT variant is $450 (lumia 920) and the Verizon Variant is $499 with a $25 app store gift card (lumia 928) T-Mobile will need to come in at no more than $474.

Personally I will upgrade from my htc 8x if the 925 is $400 or less, at $450 I will think about it but most likely pass, if it is above $450 I will wait till later this year for the lumia 94x series that is rumored and stick with my 8x till then.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Not what I was told at 2 different stores. Unless you're a current costumer they will not unlock the phone for 40 days. Again I am only going by what the stores told me, but then again things tend to vary from store to store.
Ah really? I wouldn't doubt that's the real deal - T-Mobile has been constantly disappointing me lately. I KNOW I had read that they were giving retailers the power to unlock devices on the spot... they must have changed their minds.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile seems to not like to unlock their phones unlike AT&T!
What??? T-Mobile will unlock any phone between 40-60 days depending on your plan. AT&T will also unlock a phone after 90 days of service or 30 days of service if the phone is paid in full.

T-Mobile has been very proactive about unlocking their phones.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Ah really? I wouldn't doubt that's the real deal - T-Mobile has been constantly disappointing me lately. I KNOW I had read that they were giving retailers the power to unlock devices on the spot... they must have changed their minds.
Depends on the phone but typically the stores don't have access directly to the database. Either way, if you buy the phone outright.... depending on your level of service you'll need 40 days of service before they will unlock it.

Bobb_o

May 31, 2013
Visit site
What happens if you buy it outright from a Microsoft Store? Do you still need to wait 40 days and have T-Mobile unlock it?

netghost_ca

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I had an ATT Lumia 920 which I bought at Microsoft Store online (I live in Canada and my carrier is Telus). Had to wait till May 9th but got my phone unlocked and was using it. I was disappointed with camera quality (images were blurrier than what I see in the view finder when taking the photo) and the phone was intermittently losing the network for a minute or two. Also it started feeling too bulky and heavy. After 925 came out I got really excited about it, went into the MS retail store and told them about the problems with my 920. Although I didn't purchase Microsoft Assure at the time I bought it, they still made and exception and accepted the phone for replacement, because I didn't have any business with ATT to be able to process return through them, and service through Nokia would require me to ship the phone and wait for quite a while. They also agreed to give me 925 instead of 920 as a replacement charging me the price difference. I was surprised that Microsoft Store price for 925 is currently $699, and TMo's price for a phone without subscribing to anything is $579. Next day I went into the MS store and they were more than happy to price-match TMo's price and refunded me extra $120+tax that I paid.

Same day I called TMo and submitted an unlock request (I do have a long-standing prepaid account with them, which I use with a $2/day plan only when I go down to US, so my ARPU is roughly $8-10/mo). Next day I called again and turned out my first request wasn't filled in properly by the rep, so the rep had to re-create the request and said I should receive an e-mail from them within 24 hours. Still waiting.

After I get the phone unlocked it should work with all carriers in Canada (the big-3 and Wind/Mobilicity), since it supports both AWS and regular HSPDA/HSPDA+ and LTE, which I find amazing. I'm also going to try flashing EURO DEV firmware in case internet sharing will not work right away on Telus.

Asleeper2

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Are there any 3rd party unlocking options for the T-Mobile L925? I'd like to get one but I really don't feel like 40 days for T-Mobile to unlock it.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Are there any 3rd party unlocking options for the T-Mobile L925? I'd like to get one but I really don't feel like 40 days for T-Mobile to unlock it.

If you buy it full retail, T-Mo will unlock it without the wait. That said, I went through hell trying to convince innumerable CSR's of this fact. Took me ~2 weeks to get my phone unlocked but at least that was less than 40 days... (Wasn't a 925, but the policy covers any phone I believe.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss