T-Mobile USA 925 pricing

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Just wondering what people are thinking in terms of off-contract pricing for the 925 on T-Mo. It seems like either Nokia or Microsoft are subsidizing the cost of the 920 on AT&T and the 928 on Verizon (each at $500 instead of $650+), so I'm really hoping this will be true with the 925.

I currently have the 8X and a Nokia wireless charger that I plan to sell prior to getting the 925, so if it ends up being $500, I think I can cover half the cost :D

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
When the rumors of this phone first leaked, one of the selling points was supposed to be 'lower cost'. I think it will be sub $500 in the US and probably $550 in Canada.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It only has 16GB of built in storage. They cannot charge like it is a 32GB smartphone. People will compare features! Got to be lower then a true Nokia 92X phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If it is $400, I might consider it. Knowing Nokia however, and the MSRP for something as low-grade as the lumia 820, I highly doubt it. It's a re-release of the 920, with really, no special tech or upgrades that would merit a price increase from whatever the 920 should cost right now, after being out for over half a year. Aluminum is not some expensive material, and it's only on the frame. Not to mention they are cutting cost in materials by removing a lot of fluff to get to the 8.5mm thickness. There isn't even a facade on the back around the camera. But it's like buying a Wii U when the new PS4 or Xbox 720? will be released very soon. Hardly an upgrade over the original Wii. You must be crazy to consider it, unless you really really need a phone NOW and your current phone is an HTC Trophy or something, like some posters here are clinging to. Even then I would still recommend to wait. On a basic level, a 2+ year smartphone can do EVERYTHING a current gen one can, so if you plan on upgrading, and aren't going to be buying another phone afterwards for a couple years, make this one purchase COUNT. Definitely do not pay current gen pricing for a last gen phone. You are only encouraging Nokia to price their stuff outside reason.

It's funny you claim to be considering getting this phone when you keep trashing it every chance you get...

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
for pricing - if we compare the off contract pricing of the 920 and 928 - both at 499 (at each launch date), then this 925 shouldnt be any more than 499 either.
WE lose 16GB of storage and wireless charging as features, but gain what is arguably a better camera (more lens)
Id put the pricing between 450 and 499.
That is for off contract - not unlocked....

@katamari201 - lets ask the question - which carrier do you use currently - and what phone do you use? Are you in a position to switch? Did you pay off contract or unlocked pricing for your previous phone?
Do you have anything positive to say about the Lumia 925?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The 920 was $449 off contract at launch. I know because I was this close to getting one. Edit: It's still $449.99, too.

Pricing should be around the same level, especially if the newest rumor about T-mobile getting the 32GB version is true.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
for pricing - if we compare the off contract pricing of the 920 and 928 - both at 499 (at each launch date), then this 925 shouldnt be any more than 499 either.
WE lose 16GB of storage and wireless charging as features, but gain what is arguably a better camera (more lens)

Just to note, with T-Mo if you buy full retail, they will unlock it. It may take in excess of 10 days, but eventually they will.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile sold the 810 for $549 in their stores last November, and they KNEW it wasn't the high end either. I had to go to my local Microsoft Store to pick it up for $449 (not that it was a bad thing - MS Store has a FAR superior device warranty). Still, I am very skeptical of T-Mobile these days. They better cap it at $500 - for the sake of the device selling well, of course, since I'm going to MS Store to get it anyway.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the pricing will be that high for this device. Besides for me it doesn't matter the day this goes live on T-MO US I'm buying one to start. if the wife likes it I'll trade her L710 for one as well. Everyone has been hopping that at some point T-MO US would come in with a high end WP8 device. Well they now have, and it's looking like one heck of a device I don't think there is anything really to ***** about.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
"The Lumia 925 is Nokia's latest Windows Phone, along with the Lumia 928 but many have been concerned that Vodafone appears to have the 32GB version of the Lumia 925, while everyone else has to deal with 16GB of internal storage. It's now come to light that T-Mobile will also be picking up the model with 32GB of storage, which will surely please many to know that it may not be that much of an exclusivity."

I guess T-Mobile execs read this website!
I am for sure going to buy it if it in the same ballpark in price as the 928 or 920 series.
Hooray for the consumer!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe that blurb was for T-Mobile Germany but we still don't know what's going on for the US T-Mobile.
I second this statement. It was for the parent company in Germany, not T-Mobile US. I hope you're not posting this statement on too many threads - at least without the source and mentioning it's not T-Mobile US.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to go to crazy-ville for this answer, but I'm betting we won't see pricing under $549.99 on it. The 521 came out online at $129.88 at Wal-Mart and broke at T-Mobile today at $199.99! The 16GB Galaxy S IV is $629.99 and the S III is still listed at $549.99... I can't see this coming in any lower than $549.99... In fact, being a flag ship, it might even take on the HTC One at $579.99.

With it not being as popular of model, the cost will be higher as they have to purchase at a higher cost. I'd look for that $549.99 price out the door or $69.99 down and $20 a month for 24 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon