Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By tissotti
  • 1 Post By xXx9ryan9xXx

Global Posts
    4,822 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Poll: Which High End Lumia Do You prefer? + Over All best Looking Lumia : My Nokia Blog
    I know, this is just one site, and they used polldaddy.com. And, I honestly expected the 920/800 combo to win all the way.

But I looked at the results and the 925 is leading in both.

Oh, and these are opinions.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Lies, all lies! lol I would say the 920 though everyone has a different preference.

Well, good to see that people like the 925.

I love the design of the 920. My dream design is simply the 920, but thinner - in glossy white finish.

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    I'm torn between the look of the 920 and 925. Both are gorgeous phones.

I kind of like the Lumia 920, but as a N9, Lumia 800 and Lumia 920 owner, the design was originally made for N9 and it shows. The size and curves were just perfect and the design was actually made with the UI in mind with the side swipe (why the screen is actually so curved on N9 and Lumia 800), no buttons and UI being mostly black, giving the feel that the screen didn't end. Lumia 900 was the worst offender of the original design by stripping the curved glass and raising the screen. With as big device as Lumia 920 the curves are not that clear anymore and it doesn't look "right"
    Also worth to mention that N9 features larger screen than Lumia 800, because there's no buttons. Front of the device just looks so clean on N9.

nokia-n9-family.jpg.

I do also like the Lumia 925 most design wise out of all Lumias. You could also say that it's the first true Lumia only design, not something taken from Symbian or Maemo line. Even Lumia 710 was copy of Nokia 603.
    Last edited by tissotti; 05-22-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Unfortunately, it's not surprising that most people would go for aluminum and boring.

Having a cyan 920, I have to say that I really think the 925 looks nicer (excluding the grey back variant which just looks off to me).
    metalchick719 likes this.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Always annoyed me on the 920 why the buttons have such a bizarrely big space wasted below them...doesn't look right.

It's still present SLIGHTLY on the 925 but they've improved it a lot.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessrobot View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not surprising that most people would go for aluminum and boring.
    For a premium phone, we'd expect a premium quality build.
    Ambassador

925's camera is a deal breaker for me, it looks really really odd.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts
    I wanted the 900, and 920 because of the standout design. To be honest the best looking phone for me is the HTC One, next best? The Lumia 925. Only complaint for it to trump the HTC One in design? All aluminum backing for a full aluminum phone.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    I wanted the 900, and 920 because of the standout design. To be honest the best looking phone for me is the HTC One, next best? The Lumia 925. Only complaint for it to trump the HTC One in design? All aluminum backing for a full aluminum phone.
    At first glance, it looks like a BB Z10 clone.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

I like the looks of the L920 and I like how it feels in the hand. But I also like the looks of the L925 Look it's going to TMO and that's a plus it's a plus because all three of the Major carriers state side is going to have a high end Nokia WP8 device. it would be rather nice to see HTC come out with a WP8 device along the lines of the HTC ONE that is another very nice looking device. But on the high end scale it's all Nokia and with them great Nokia apps it's a win, win, for both us the consumers and the OS. I'm rather leaning to the L925 as being better for me. As I'm not one that wants to be waving a yellow device when I'm conducting business, I rather something a little more polished in style.

Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    the design was originally made for N9 and it shows. .
    Indeed.

The N9 is still Nokia's best effort in terms of design.. and the level of integration between the UX and the actual hardware design was unprecedented.
  15. M L

Haven't seen one live or held it in person so I can't really say how I'll like it. Looks nice, but my biggest complaint about the 925 would be the camera bulge. I'd prefer the back to be a smooth flat surface.