When in the US??

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
If I needed a phone right away I'd get the cheapest thing they had and wait for the 925. I don't understand people who go out and get an expensive phone with a completely different OS. If you really wanted WP, then you would have either waited or got a 521 to tide you over.

Exactly what I am doing now! Just got my first 'real' smartphone with the 521 and loving it so far!

I definitely cannot wait to find out when this phone is coming to TMO...I'm searching right before I go to work, right after I get off, and probably every hour or so until I go to sleep for news on the US release date. Really hoping for news within the next week, and three weeks maximum (EOS event).

Marc Elkadi

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I want the lumia 925 so badly, and I need a new phone right away. I have a 2 year old nokia c7 astound with tmobile and It stops receiving texts all the time until I reboot it, and it runs really slowly. I almost got a 521 since I need a phone, but then I didnt like the screen and too little RAM. Then I almost got a new lumia 810 for $300 on ebay because it has similar hardware to the 925 but the screen and camera are not as nice and its not LTE. Now I decided to just wait it out and I am dealing with this crappy phone. I hope the 925 comes out soon I am so restless for it.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
521 is only $129 at HSN, or it was when I bought it. That's like giving up a latte every day for a month.

Edit: it's $149 again, but it's in stock, and that's still just $5 a day. Even comes with a car charger!

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If I needed a phone right away I'd get the cheapest thing they had and wait for the 925. I don't understand people who go out and get an expensive phone with a completely different OS. If you really wanted WP, then you would have either waited or got a 521 to tide you over.

Agreed! In fact, that's exactly what I did. I lost my 810 last week, and immediately replaced with the cheap 521 while I wait for the US launch of the 925.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Earlier I said that my phone was having issues and that I was getting frustrated waiting for the Lumia 925. I stated that I would get a GS4 - not sure what I was thinking that day. I've come to my senses though and will wait to see what the Lumia 925 is all about.

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been holding out, but I am not sure how much longer that is going to work. I've been a huge WP person since it launched. Have had a HD7 Radar, now on a 810. If, they release the EOS and ATT gets it exclusive, I will probably drop Tmobile and swap to ATT. They strung this whole 925 thing out way too long. I was livid when ATT got the 920 exclusive to begin with, and only stayed with Tmo cuase i was under contract. Not any more though.

MikeyMike01

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
521 is only $129 at HSN, or it was when I bought it. That's like giving up a latte every day for a month.

Edit: it's $149 again, but it's in stock, and that's still just $5 a day. Even comes with a car charger!

Walmart has it for $130. I'm thinking about picking it up to use for a few months until the new flagships of the fall arrive.

Sent from my iPhone

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Because I need a solid phone with higher end camera for work - not big deal for me to buy the 925 when released and dump the S4. At the end it doesn't matter if you understand it or not and to assume if "I really wanted a WP" then I should wait isn't your call either. But thanks for your unwanted two cents regarding what I personally wanted or should have done though.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The screen looks very good. I have never been a fan of this super high resolution spec war that is going on. It is not good in daylight. It rings , I swipe up, I know where to touch to answer and I talk. I use it as a phone.................with benefits. I plan to get a 925 or an EOS and keep this for a spare but not right away.

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Received my new issue of Wired (USA edition) magazine today, included three page ad for the 925 with t-mobile branding. I hope this means availability is soon.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
When does Wired hit newsstands? Hehe. Newsstands. Do those still exist? Anyway, subscribers usually get the magazine before the general public. Do you know how far in advance? It might give us a better idea of when the phone should launch, since TMO wouldn't pay for a 3 page ad without the device ready to sell, right?

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Received my new issue of Wired (USA edition) magazine today, included three page ad for the 925 with t-mobile branding. I hope this means availability is soon.

Dang!!! I have mine in its plastic bag as it was delivered! I'll have to check... no info on dates though right?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
When does Wired hit newsstands? Hehe. Newsstands. Do those still exist? Anyway, subscribers usually get the magazine before the general public. Do you know how far in advance? It might give us a better idea of when the phone should launch, since TMO wouldn't pay for a 3 page ad without the device ready to sell, right?

I live in NYC, and yes indeed, newsstands still exist. :winktongue:

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Here some info I got...
I just went to my local T-Mobile store for something completely different, and just asked about the 925, after the person there didn't even know the model of the phone they were getting (tried to argue it was the 921!!!) anyhow, I guess after the little "discussion" she opened her application and started reading...

Their store will get the demo 925 next week!

And she finally said that, they normally get the actual hardware 1 or 2 weeks after the demo ones... so I guess this means first or second week in July... there is finally some hope!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786