Product Codes For Lumia 925

michael1782

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
well as of yet they haven't released the lumia 925. I know on the 27th you can get it from T-Mobile, which are part of EE, so maybe then you will get the update or maybe you have to let them you the phone you got. As for Product Codes if and when we find them, I ll add them to the list ;)

Scott Parris

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Help ...Need Product Code for RM-892 VAR EE GB 16GB BLACK ?

Have sim free variant (CV GB) but 4G Data Speed option not available, even with EE Sim inserted, thanks Nokia!:angry: ...same issue as Lumia 920.
Need to flash with EE or other 4G enabled image, Australian Operator etc, Thnx

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
As far as I can tell there's not really a sure way to get the product codes except trying letter and number combinations after the initial 059. I went through about a hundred different codes before I found one for the RM-892 that wasn't on this list already.

Is there an easier way?

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell there's not really a sure way to get the product codes except trying letter and number combinations after the initial 059. I went through about a hundred different codes before I found one for the RM-892 that wasn't on this list already.

Is there an easier way?

The product code is on the sim tray, so if a forum member has a 925 with the rom you want then hopefully they can post it to this thread?

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Help ...Need Product Code for RM-892 VAR EE GB 16GB BLACK ?

Have sim free variant (CV GB) but 4G Data Speed option not available, even with EE Sim inserted, thanks Nokia!:angry: ...same issue as Lumia 920.
Need to flash with EE or other 4G enabled image, Australian Operator etc, Thnx

The Vodafone rom has 4G enabled if you can live with the branding? I couldn't!

michael1782

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It'll be a lot easier to get the code when its released. T-Mobile release it tomoz so I cant see EE being far behind or may release it the same day.

ximoosea

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have just purchased the 925 while living here in China. I was disappointed to learn that it does not allow English marketplace. Thus, I have researched and believe I can reflash it. It is the RM-910 model. Does anyone know if reflashing is possible for this and if so can someone please give me some advice on what to use? Can I reflash with the US RM-893 or should I use the European RM-892 and if the later which code would work best? I have the grey model although I don't understand what difference that makes in the ROM....thus should I use this one? RM-892 VAR GB CV GREY 059S918

I am terribly sorry for the noob questions but a response would be most appreciated as this is terribly frustrating. Stupid China!

michael1782

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't recommend it. Try changing your date-time settings to England, reboot and have a look. If that don't work and you still want to flash it then before you do anything i suggest you download your product code from NCS as back up. Sorry cant help you out more.

ximoosea

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Just as a follow up to anyone that finds this thread. I tried reflashing with several European and US product codes but no luck. Each one says that the Product ID does not match and therefore will not continue. Just to make sure my process was right I also tried flashing with the product code that my phone came with and that went through all of the steps without problems.

It seems there really is a hardware difference with the rm-910 verson of the Lumia 925 that does not allow reflashing. Bummer.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
It'll be a lot easier to get the code when its released. T-Mobile release it tomoz so I cant see EE being far behind or may release it the same day.

Is there not an EE available already?

I've got a sim-free 925 but ironically need to go the opposite way to most of you guys and get it BRANDED. Can't access the 4g speeds with my EE sim at the mo and to make it worse EE is all over the news today doubling it's 4g speeds to a (theoretical) max of 150mbps starting tomorrow.

Damnit.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes EE's product code has be added and can confirm it does have the 4G option

Thanks Michael,

Is there any reason why that exists before ee has announced the 925, or are these things just done early?

Basically what I'm really trying to ask is if I flash this, will I continue to receive updates for the 925 in the same way as someone buying the 925 from EE will? (once they're released)?

michael1782

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yup im pretty sure your be ok with OTA updates. Well it was for the 920. But cant say 100% as we've not received any updates yet. But if it was me and i was in your shoes, i'ld flash the backside out of it,

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Yup im pretty sure your be ok with OTA updates. Well it was for the 920. But cant say 100% as we've not received any updates yet. But if it was me and i was in your shoes, i'ld flash the backside out of it,

haha cheers mate. yeah just doing it now - on a mac so having to install windows again via bootcamp first. Things I do for my phone......

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
When I try and download the firmware from the Nokia Care Suite, I just get a message saying 'queued for download' but I wait and nothing happens.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: No worries, a thorough google and have realized what to do.

Last edited:

beershark

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Michael,

Thanks for that - great info.

I am, however, having a few problems.

I have a 925 32MB on Vodafone and want to de-brand to EE / UK.

I have the Care Suite. Downloaded product RM-892 VAR GB EE SL BLACK 059S7G4 ( UNBRANDED + 4G OPTION ), renamed it to 821.

Went to OPEN PRODUCT.
Selected the RM892 which is correct. After a few moments of trying I get an error saying RECOVERY FAILED and the message in the box being "MESSAGE SEND FAILED".

I have tried this on two separate Win8 PC's with the same results.

Any ideas / help appreciated.

Also, one quick question - does this also unlock the phone as its still locked to Vodafone?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Attachments

• Recovery Failed.png
    Recovery Failed.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Recovery.png
    Recovery.png
    81 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads