- 06-27-2013, 06:09 AM #1
The screen gets a serious green tint whenever the phone is held even slightly off center. Viewing angle is about 5 degrees on this screen. No noticeable difference improvement with the OLED over IPS. I'd go for IPS if I had a choice again. Other than that, seems like a great phone, except, as usual, for being seriously slippery without a case.
- 06-27-2013, 01:45 PM #4
From what I have been reading, this is just a side effect of AMOLED. I don't remember my last Samsung having that problem though. I don't doubt that Nokia used the cheapest AMOLED components available, so I'd say it is a sub-par AMOLED compared to other AMOLEDs. Again, great phone otherwise.
- 06-27-2013, 01:57 PM #6
The blue is specific to the inferior pentile AMOLED display, which it seems the Lumia 925 has.
I'm reading online that the blue/green tint may be temporary. Because, I guess the BLUE leds die out really fast compared to the rest, so maybe they made the screen to over display blue, and as time goes on, the blue will die to a yellow. Who knows.
I am sure my eyes will adjust.
- 06-27-2013, 02:15 PM #7
Check your settings. The 925 comes with the ability to adjust the color tone of the screen if you think it's too cool or hot.
Nokia talks Lumia 925 display, gives you an app to adjust color saturation and temperature of the screen - GSMArena Blog
Also, you seem like you're trolling since you're not listening to someone who has the exact same device and tells you it doesn't look like that.
- 06-27-2013, 02:25 PM #8
My guess is Nokia offered the color temperature settings app as a way to compensate for this issue.
Different people are sensitive about different things. What bothers someone may go unnoticed by someone else.
Time will tell if this turns out to be a big issue with the 925's display.
- 06-27-2013, 02:34 PM #9
I agree that different people have different sensitivities, and that's why the app was included, but you have yet to say anything positive about the device, and -
- 06-27-2013, 02:57 PM #10
I adjusted the slider all the way to COOL in the view settings. That way it is less noticeable because it has more of a bluish tint all the time. I don't think it is worth returning. I'll check out the floor models at the TMobile store first, just so I can bee 100% sure and see it with my own eyes. I just don't know when that will be (Mid-July, I hope).
Since you asked, here are my positive impressions.
- Solid as a rock build quality. No creaking, or soft spots on the back, like the 920.
- Seriously thin and light compared to the 920! Feels like a modern smartphone.
- I like the USB port on top, but that's just personal preference. Males it easier to see on my desk when connected to PC.
- Smart Cam app is awesome...
- The camera is very noticeably sharper than 920, and OIS is great. I took a photo while shaking my hand wildly, and the same one holding the camera as still as possible. I cannot tell the two apart!!!
- Camera bump on the back is not as obtrusive as I thought it would be. I like the larger lens cover window. It makes it easier to wipe off on my shirt before a critical photo.
- There is a new default reminder/alert sound (you know, the one you can't change). It sounds really cool.
- Reception is very slightly better. Only slightly.
Things I don't like:
- "Glance" feature. I can turn on the screen myself to see what time it is, rather than waste battery displaying it constantly (or for 15 minutes).
- Double tap to wake. How bout single tap the power button instead? One less tap.
- Camera lens is right where my right index finger tip rests. I'll have to learn to hold the phone a little different if I don't want smudges.
- Different, less natural, appearance of OLED scree will take some getting used to. Colors don't get washed out at all... they just shift. Viewed straight on, it is beautiful though.
- 06-27-2013, 03:12 PM #13
Right I kind of get what you mean now I just opened up a black screen so see if I could replicate what u meant and there is a tiny bit of blueish green tint, but i had to have it pretty much facing the left of me, and i don't think I'll ever do that again because I'm not crippled..
Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_253 using Board Express
- 06-27-2013, 03:34 PM #14
- 06-28-2013, 08:08 AM #17
I am sending mine back to Vodafone due to the screen tint. & to be honest adjusting the colour tone of the screen doesn't make much of a difference. I have had other AMOLED display phones in the past and the wife has a Samsung S4, nothing compares to the tint on the 925
I spoke to Vodafone returns this morning and when I explained the reason for returning the handset they told me that they have had a few returns due to the tint & screen quality. So I suppose at the end of the day it's down to personal preference and how much the screen tint bothers you.
- 06-28-2013, 09:04 AM #18
- 07-02-2013, 09:25 AM #23
My product code is RM-892_eu_euro1_249
Lastly, after about a week, my eyes have fully adjusted to the color balance on the phone. I am totally fine with it now. Every time I pick up the phone I say to myself, damn, now that's how the 920 should have felt. I especially love the feel of the aluminum rim. It is very well put together.
I also took a bunch of photos with Nokia Smart Cam over the weekend. That app is amazing. All my friends asked me how I make such cool shots, and when I told them it was an app exclusive to the 925, they were noticeably disappointed that their iPhones couldn't do that. ha ha
- 07-02-2013, 10:20 AM #24
- By ngilbert89 in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 24Last Post: 08-25-2013, 09:22 AM
- By maverick786us in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 79Last Post: 07-25-2013, 07:17 PM
- By jgbstetson in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 3Last Post: 06-27-2013, 07:52 AM
- By Voxophone in forum HTC 8XReplies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2013, 03:24 AM
- By armaxxx in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2013, 06:33 PM