CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
How many of you are using the new Glance feature (the 'pre-lockscreen' clock)?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to change the length of the timeout from 15 minutes to something more sensible like 1-3?

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's in Settings > display+touch > glance)

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
How many of you are using the new Glance feature (the 'pre-lockscreen' clock)?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to change the length of the timeout from 15 minutes to something more sensible like 1-3?

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's in Settings > display+touch > glance)

I don't believe there is a way to set the time (although I would like to be able to)

I have it on as pulling it out my pocket just to look at the time is easier

I also have the red color when it get to night because its surprisingly bright lol

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The Glance clock works in conjunction with the light sensor so if you have it in your pocket or face-down on a table it will turn off automatically, so it will never be really be on for the entire 15 minutes unless you just leave it on a table face up or something.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I still for the life of me cannot figure out the benefit of this feature. The battery drain of having my sensors and screen on constant alert is not worth the time savings over just pressing the power button to check what time it is. I can do that before I even get the phone out of my pocket.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I still for the life of me cannot figure out the benefit of this feature. The battery drain of having my sensors and screen on constant alert is not worth the time savings over just pressing the power button to check what time it is. I can do that before I even get the phone out of my pocket.

Then dont use it.

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
It depends on usage, I guess. You have to ask, will glance (having part of the screen on at a dim level for a few seconds and the proximity sensor doing its thing) use less power than turning the phone on normally (the whole screen at regular brightness, ambient light sensor checking the light levels, and WiFi scanning for and connecting to a network which it holds on to for 30s or so) for a second or two? Personally, I've seen no difference in battery usage.

ximoosea

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I like the feature. I leave my phone on my desk or the table while at meetings and can always quickly see the time.

Agree with the other poster....if you do not like it or if you must save every electron of battery power, then you can turn it off. I like having the option.

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Really liking the Glance feature of the 925 but one thing bugs me about it. When you have silent on, it shows the three wavy lines above the clock. Pity Nokia can't also add an icon for when you get a text or e-mail. Wonder if they plan on doing this in the future. Glance would be a lot more useful then!

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You do have a 925, right? It should have come with it already installed. In Settings, look for display+touch, and it's one of the options in there.
Yes, I do have a 925. And no, it's still not there. Just Off, Times, and Always On.

Unless T-Mobile thought it was too good of a feature and removed it?

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Now a bunch of apps are updating today, one of which is the Display+Touch setting. The changelog mentions "quick look" for Glance. So I guess that's what Manojkumar meant. Interestingly, this is 24 hours after I activated the phone.

JohnnyFEZ

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I turned mine off. I think Glance would be more useful if it showed all of the lockscreen information instead of just the clock. I found that when I looked at my phone, even though I could see the time on the active Glance screen, I would still automatically hit the power button to see if I had any messages, emails, etc. on the lockscreen. If this is something that they add in a future update to Glance, I'll definitely reactivate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett