Blurry text while scrolling

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Noticed that my lumia 925 has a blurry text while scrolling, specially when scrolling white text over black background or black text over white background... also noticed some blurry when scrolling tiles on the home screen, this blurry occurred around the black horizontal lines separating the tiles.... compared the scrolling with the 920 and there is a huge difference...
I read that some of the galaxy S4 units has this problem and that this problem related to Samsung AMOLED screens, and you know the lumia 925 has a Samsung AMOLED screen.
Any one has these issues? let me know in comments please..

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The 925 is supposed to have a Puremotion HD+ screen that eliminates blur when scrolling. Have a look in Settings, Ease of access and check that the Screen magnifier is turned off because having it turned on does blur the screen while scrolling even if you don't magnify the screen.

MerlinJnr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a 925 an have not experienced any blurring. (with the exception of browsing NewsNow in IE10 mobile mode, but this is down to the website, not the phone)

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
The 925 is supposed to have a Puremotion HD+ screen that eliminates blur when scrolling. Have a look in Settings, Ease of access and check that the Screen magnifier is turned off because having it turned on does blur the screen while scrolling even if you don't magnify the screen.

screen magnifier is turned off... I know about the puremotion HD+ and its perfect on the lumia 920... But 925 is very bad and blurry... I think puremotion HD+ os just optimized for ips lcd screen....

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a 925 an have not experienced any blurring. (with the exception of browsing NewsNow in IE10 mobile mode, but this is down to the website, not the phone)

good for you that you dont have the blurry issue... I just wonder if this problem is widely spread or not

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
If you're scrolling faster than the screen can redraw then you will see it start to blur. Do you mean fast scrolling or slow scrolling with your finger constantly on the screen?

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If you're scrolling faster than the screen can redraw then you will see it start to blur. Do you mean fast scrolling or slow scrolling with your finger constantly on the screen?
Even ewhen scrolling slowly there is high level of blur compared to the 920... It occurs also while my finger constantly on the screen... I dont know whats the problem exactly if its because of the amoled or the OS not being optimized for amoled... Thats why am asking and not so much people answering... I think people who did not use the 920 will be hard to notice the blur but for me its made me crazy and its very clear there is a big problem when scrolling swiping everywhere...

MerlinJnr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Boy, don't you go on. Send the phone back for repair. Seriously, you are looking for others to back you up, and indeed there may be some who do have this issue, as to infer that is the norm or a problem for all 925's is a little harsh, or to say that its an issue with amoled, is also a little harsh. Moving from LCD to amoled, you clearly are in a position to identify differences, and there will be differences, positive and negative. So to you it may appear more blurred compared to LCD, but to me its fine with no illegibility issues whatsoever. Good luck resolving your issue.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Boy, don't you go on. Send the phone back for repair. Seriously, you are looking for others to back you up, and indeed there may be some who do have this issue, as to infer that is the norm or a problem for all 925's is a little harsh, or to say that its an issue with amoled, is also a little harsh. Moving from LCD to amoled, you clearly are in a position to identify differences, and there will be differences, positive and negative. So to you it may appear more blurred compared to LCD, but to me its fine with no illegibility issues whatsoever. Good luck resolving your issue.
thanks for the reply... I think you are right but its also good to discuss and search for the right reasons an causes... Its hard process for me to get a fix or replacement because i got it from germany and live in another, thats why i need to be sure if its normal or its just me used to the perfect ips lcd on the lumia 920... By the what u said made me feel better ;) thanks

YOLOsaurusRex

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 928's screen blurs slightly when I scroll quickly or slowly, too. It's not nearly as noticeable as the blur from my HTC Trophy, though. I don't mind it too much, the screen is so much better than my old phone that I don't think it's a very big deal anyway.

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Tried a few 925 units on different stores, and all of them have the "blurry" scroll. I think it gets noticeable especially if you're used to the screen of the 920 with its super ultra fast refresh rate. And yes, it's related to the AMOLED screen.

It doesn't bother me thou.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that windows phone UI and design and the tiles square nature with black background is very sensitive to blur, now understand why nokia goes with lcd with the 920... anyway hope that to be used to it and hope that nokia address the problem with an update (if possible) like what Samsung did with the S4...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6