External Microphone

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

Just wondering if anyone found or knows where I can get an external microphone for my Nokia Lumia 925.. It can be Bluetooth or wired as long as it takes over the built in microphone (as its not up to scratch) I wanted to to vlogging and editing and stuff like that.

I know there is loads for the iPhone but I wasn't sure if they would work as the iPhone headphones don't work the same.

Thanks

:winktongue:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The following microphone types are supported on Windows Phone:
  • Bluetooth-enabled headset
  • Mobile phone's built-in microphone
  • Microphones connected through the headset jack

Working with Microphones

So... pretty much any Bluetooth or wired mic should work for you.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Are you sure the iPhone headset jack isn't proprietary? I thought that only headsets designed for the iPhone would work with it, meaning they wouldn't work with anything else? Maybe I was wrong.

Edit: after a quick Bing search I've found several similar stories about Apple headphones and the mic not working on any other phones. The audio works, but not the mic.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah how annoying is that.. Does that mean if I were to buy an external boom mic for an iPhone that it probably won't work :/

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Apple doesn't follow the standard everyone else uses, which is too bad because so few quality 3rd party headphones/headsets with microphones are non-iPhone.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
If you're competent with a soldering iron you could always reroute the wires to connect correctly. They seem to have the standard TRRS connector, just a couple wires going to the wrong parts of the tip.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
If you're competent with a soldering iron you could always reroute the wires to connect correctly. They seem to have the standard TRRS connector, just a couple wires going to the wrong parts of the tip.

Hmm I have a friend who could do this for me, didn't think it would be so simple might attempt this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre