- 07-10-2013, 08:47 AM #1
Just wondering if anyone found or knows where I can get an external microphone for my Nokia Lumia 925.. It can be Bluetooth or wired as long as it takes over the built in microphone (as its not up to scratch) I wanted to to vlogging and editing and stuff like that.
I know there is loads for the iPhone but I wasn't sure if they would work as the iPhone headphones don't work the same.
- 07-10-2013, 09:16 AM #2
The following microphone types are supported on Windows Phone:
- Bluetooth-enabled headset
- Mobile phone's built-in microphone
- Microphones connected through the headset jack
Working with Microphones
So... pretty much any Bluetooth or wired mic should work for you.
- 07-10-2013, 10:25 AM #3
- 07-10-2013, 11:31 AM #5
Are you sure the iPhone headset jack isn't proprietary? I thought that only headsets designed for the iPhone would work with it, meaning they wouldn't work with anything else? Maybe I was wrong.
Edit: after a quick Bing search I've found several similar stories about Apple headphones and the mic not working on any other phones. The audio works, but not the mic.
- 07-10-2013, 11:47 AM #6
Yeah how annoying is that.. Does that mean if I were to buy an external boom mic for an iPhone that it probably won't work :/
- 07-11-2013, 04:10 AM #10
- By ListenUpGuys in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 09-17-2013, 07:52 PM
- By slushygrim in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 07-15-2013, 12:54 AM
- By yeto in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 17Last Post: 07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
- By Marc Riese in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 07-01-2013, 11:51 AM
- By Hodgsonn in forum Huawei Ascend W1Replies: 3Last Post: 06-27-2013, 05:26 AM