Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

It is exactly 2 hours before the T-Mobile launch of the 925... and there is not a trace of ANYTHING 925 on their website. I am so disappointed with this launch. I will be picking up two 925s at my local shop, but this is a joke for everyone that doesn't check WPC religiously, like myself.
    wpguy likes this.

Well, since T-Mobile is in Washington, its technically still almost 5 hours until launch.
    Troyseph likes this.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    i stopped by tmo store today and they had a display up, the manager was playing with one. the sales guy said few positive things about it, and mentioned the sony xperia as well. i played around with the 925 and that is my next phone. they had 6 in stock and tomorrow i will have one.
    Troyseph likes this.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I stopped at my nearest TMo store Monday. A very small store, but they said they've got 11 for sale starting the 17th. The WP (aka Nokia) display was up with a 521 (they said a good seller) and a 925. The accessories rack included screen protectors and third-party protective cases for the 925, but no charging backs. No signage in the windows for any Windows Phone. I want the phone, but the total lack of marketing by anyone has me second guessing.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Chatted with a rep (out of the country, I'm sure) who said the Xperia Z had a landing page because it had LTE. I then told him the 925 had LTE as well. =/
    snowmutt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Chatted with a rep (out of the country, I'm sure) who said the Xperia Z had a landing page because it had LTE. I then told him the 925 had LTE as well. =/
    Good grief.

I stopped by the downtown Seattle T-Mobile stir today and they didn't have a dummy they could show me. The way they talked, I think they had a working unit, but were not allowed to shoe that to me. Also stopped at the Microsoft kiosk store a block away, and they didn't have I yet and seemed a bit confused about launch date.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Nothing. It's now launch day here in Oregon. :/

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    I see a page up for it now. Hurry and you can be the first reviewer. :)

Nokia Lumia 925
    Thanked by:
    Musicman247 likes this.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up! Took them long enough! :P

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Its good to FINALLY see the 925 on the site. Too bad we can't order online and have it waiting to pick up in the morning.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    you can order it. I just completed my order. I am probably going to cancel and go to the store since the Free one day shipping only applies to new customers

Off to a great start -_-

I went to place my order and everything went fine until the last step. I got an error, saying that the order couldn't be processed. A few minutes later, I checked my bank account balance, and I'd been charged for the Lumia. So I have no idea if I have a phone coming or not.

Global Posts
    2,738 Global Posts
    Really T-Mobile?

Jeez, Wish i could pay $529 for the unlocked 925, cheapest down here is $600!
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR

Quote Originally Posted by LMZR View Post
    Really T-Mobile?

Jeez, Wish i could pay $529 for the unlocked 925, cheapest down here is $600!
    It isn't unlocked, just contract free.

Global Posts
    2,738 Global Posts
    Oh, Wait so you pay $529 for a phone you have to unlock anyway?!
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR

Quote Originally Posted by LMZR View Post
    Oh, Wait so you pay $529 for a phone you have to unlock anyway?!
    Or you just don't unlock it and you use it on t-mobile.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I don't think you can unlock it immediately however! There is a waiting time period before one can apply for the unlocking code.

I talked to my local store yesterday, They had a few in stock. I told them i would like to try the jump program and see how it works. Going @ 3pm today to give it a shot. Then ordering all my wireless stuff online..
    After weeks of anxiously waiting, I am going to the Tmo store to purchase my 925. The same store that told me yesterday they didn't know anything about the phone and why would I want it anyway. The same store that said they didn't have any in stock so I shouldn't show up there this morning expecting to buy one. Wait! Why am I going to that store to buy one this afternoon? I reckon' I must really want that phone and willing to put up with a terrible launch of the Lumia 925. Nokia should have a sit-down with T-Mobile. Horrible support of this product and their customers.

This morning I talked to a Tmo rep about a question on my bill and decided I would ask her about the 925. To my utter amazement she not only knew about it, she was an enthusiastic windows phone user and was really excited because she was going to get the 925 asap--she also mentioned WP Central as the best place to get news about WP! She literally changed my mind about getting the phone--if you are reading this, thanks again, Maria! It was weirdly heartwarming to find another person who loves windows phone--we definitely had a little moment there.
    One more comment, then I am going to buy my 925. T-Mobile has this phone buried so deep on their site, you have to hunt to find it. Not listed in the "new phone" section at all or offered on their home-page. Seriously, it's ridiculous.

Global Posts
    3,532 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    A sucker had to know, so I just went on T-Mo's website, and had no problem finding the 925 or 521. Both are on the "smartphone" and "4G" sections as pretty as you please, although on page 2 of the "smartphones".

If only T-Mo was in my area.......

Sigh. Stupid AT&T.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I have my 925! Loving it so far. T-Mobile store I ended up going to didn't know about the phone, but had some in stock.

i stopped by the Tmobile store here san diego (la mesa) and sure enough they had the 925. lady said (katie), she just got 1 last night and didn't get fully to play with it yet. she was nice enough to let me play with her cellular though. she even had the nokia red cover (red is ugly) on it. the store didn't have the nokia covers or wireless chargers for sale though but she was guessing maybe next week. i was very impressed by it, so light and thin even with the cover. and the screen is much better than my 920.

Katie, i hope ur reading this. thx for help.
    she's a WP lover. ja ja...

I called a local tmo store and asked if they had any in stock. After a very long pause, the guy gets back on the phone and grunts an affirmative.

So, I went to the store and found it next to the 521 under a sign that said. "Blackberry."

At least they didn't try to talk me out of buying one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast