Reinstalling apps on 925.. arg

ICwater

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new 925 as a replacement for an ever failing 8x. Due to the need to send back my 8x 4 times since release date I went through the reinstall of all my apps a few times. Now though windowsphone.com > purchase history will not reinstall the app, stating one of two different messages. "This app is not available for all phones. Try downloading on your phone." or " We can't send apps to your phone right now. Please try again later."
If however I browse to app via the store and try to reinstall (it will fail to install) it will send me an email with a hyperlink that will allow me get everything back.. so no issues, just a longer process - except for any app that I had purchased, it wants to charge me again now.
With the 8x when I reinstalled WPcentral's app it did not want to recharge me for it, now it does.
Am I completely freaking bonkers and missing something I should have know or are other people having this issue as well?

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Usually if you already bought the app. Ensure you are signed in with the right account. Then press buy, it will come up and say you have already purchased this app.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I took both my phones and did the share and tap the phone back to back thing. Made it simple, click buy and it tells you youve already bought do you want to reinstall. Easy Peasy, Rinse and Repeat.

ICwater

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed the reinstallation of the apps purchased - that works like you said.
As for the actual issue - I am using my one and only Hotmail account.. Oh well I can reinstall one at a time.. was just worried about the recharging for apps purchased..

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It will only charge if the 2nd prompt doesn't say you already purchased this app

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It's still a huge pain though, if you want to install a bunch of things at once. 8.1/Blue really needs to bring a bulk reinstall feature similar to how you can in Windows 8, where you just select apps you want to install from a list of all the installs you've ever made, and just hit a single button.

Rob41664

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you have a backup done of your setting on the 8x. I have played around on a couple of 920's and have been able to restore a backup and all my apps installed by themselves without any intervention when I told it to restore.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
OP, I feel your pain. I went through the same thing when I switched from my Lumia 810 to my 920. There were actually a few apps not recognized as those I'd already installed on my phone, not including the ones that were exclusive to the 810 through T-Mobile. It was annoying. Luckily, those were all free so it was easy to get them back and of course, I didn't have to pay for anything again.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you have a backup done of your setting on the 8x. I have played around on a couple of 920's and have been able to restore a backup and all my apps installed by themselves without any intervention when I told it to restore.
This.

All of my apps, save those that were no longer in the Store, just auto-downloaded to my phone upon signing in.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
OP, I feel your pain. I went through the same thing when I switched from my Lumia 810 to my 920. There were actually a few apps not recognized as those I'd already installed on my phone, not including the ones that were exclusive to the 810 through T-Mobile. It was annoying. Luckily, those were all free so it was easy to get them back and of course, I didn't have to pay for anything again.

I forgot about this feature!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte