how long does your battery lasts?

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia battery is a joke I have everything off and get about 2-3hrs on it. Its really annoying. Today happened again took off charger 9am went to run errands and phone was just sitting took like 1 call bout 15min and a few texts and bam 1230ish battery at 28%....This is really making me reevaluate sticking this wp8 out....im trying but really hard to keep this 920
Wow. Try discharging it a couple of times - mine is lasting with heavy use around 7 hrs. With moderate use I am easily getting 10 hours.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I will say my 920 is 6 days old but how long does it take to condition...
My L920 took around a week. Basically I discharged it 2 twice and for the remaining 3 days I charged it when the battery hit 80-75%. After a week my L920 battery was awesome. Lasted a long, long time. One thing to look at is to make sure Nokia Drive isn't running in the background. In settings, go to apps, background and is Drive is listed just block it as you don't need it running in the background.

pviral

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I have L920 and what I notice is battery stays mostly for 8 hr if I use:
Whatapps, phones call, twitter and some internet that also on WiFi

However before posting here I conducted some test, let me know what you guys think:

Test1:
on LTE with Drive+ (or navigation) on, battery drains from 100% to 40-30% in 60 mins commute from work to home
Test2:
without LTE and just navigation on battery drains from 100% to 60-50% in 60 mins commute from work to home
Test3:
If I play Jetpack joyride or Turbo racing for 30-45 mins battery drain from 100% to 30-20%
Test4:
Whatapps and local scout (search for place) on LTE drains from 100% to 50% in 3-4 hrs

All my background task are disabled, all mails sync are manual and I turn wifi off when driving. What do you guys think, is some issue with my battery? Did anyone came across such issue or observe such use-case.

P.S. In 6 month time frame, my phone has almost chocked 3-4 times, I need to do soft reset.

Thanks
Viral

alvydasn

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for a stupid question but what does LTE stands for?
P.S do i need internet connection to be able to use drive + and google maps? Thanks

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
LTE stands for 4G (fastest internet connection you can get on a phone).

Drive +' main advantage is that you can use it offline. If you download the maps onto your phone, you won't need an internet connection.

Could we please get back to the 925's battery life, guys ?

ODuis

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My 925 lasts easily through the day, using it mainly for mail/communication, reading and internet browsing as well as photos.
However I found switching the network between LTE/UMTS/GPRS (corresponding to 4G/3G/2G in settings) does HUGE differences depending on network and reception.

So if you got bad battery life, always try to switch to 2G in the settings menu for testing. The network will be slow, but it's usually a kind of "safe mode". If it makes a huge difference in battery life for you, change your network carrier ;-)

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
My 925 had acceptable battery life, it's comparable to my iPhone 5 and better than my 920 was.

I have all background tasks blocked, WiFi off but data on and the screen on medium brightness.

I charge it overnight every night and my the end of the day it's usually at 25-30%. I use it to check email, calls/texts, web browsing, apps and music at lunchtime.

No smartphone that I have used will go more than a day with even moderate use. I also have a Nokia 100 dumb phone and it will easily go a week or more with occasional use.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the 925, but my 920 has pretty good battery life since the first couple of weeks after I got the phone. At the very moment, it's at 37% with 8 hours remaining, and the last time I charged it was a day and 2 hours ago. I can get a good day and then some regularly out of it, so I can't complain.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone off the charger by 6:00 am and back on by 10:00 pm. At 10:00 I have about 17 to 20 % left. This includes about

• 1 hour on the phone
  • 2 hours of audible or listening to music on my phone (in car)
  • Entering gas buddy prices
  • Checking commute times
  • Weather live tile
  • Wifi stays on always
  • Bluetooth stays on always (used while in the car and 1 hour of phone calls)
  • Wifi calling at home and office (thanks T-Mobile)
  • Glace and Go turned off
  • Double Tap turned off
  • 5 to 10 text messages
  • All other apps that default to run in the background still set to run in background

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia battery is a joke I have everything off and get about 2-3hrs on it. Its really annoying. Today happened again took off charger 9am went to run errands and phone was just sitting took like 1 call bout 15min and a few texts and bam 1230ish battery at 28%....This is really making me reevaluate sticking this wp8 out....im trying but really hard to keep this 920

I'd say you have a bad device

Sent from my RM-893 Lumia 925

S Rodrigo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
If your battery is draining quick, uninstall Nokia Music. I did that and now after 2 hours off charger I'm still at 100% where as I would normally be around 95%. It is too bad because I like Nokia Music, but it makes me be anchored to the charger.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone else is having the battery problem I am experiencing. My battery is just completely random. Because of work my Monday though Friday usage is just about the same everyday all day. Work just doesn't really allow for crazy heavy use. So that said there are times where my batter will last anywhere from 1-3 days without a charge. Then randomly its dead within 5 hrs of taking it off charger.

Now the phone itself for the past 3 weeks I've had every background app I can control off. Bluetooth is off as well, my email is set to check daily. Unless those settings can change on there on they haven't been changed since I set them.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
My 925's battery seems to go all day between charges. For now, noticeably better than the year-old extra-capacity replacement battery in my HD7. Yesterday, I hit about 15 hours before the warning message prompted me to plug in. I had WiFi calling set to Wi-Fi exclusive for about half the day. I have Double-tap to wake and Glance turned off.

alvis#CB

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
If your battery is draining quick, uninstall Nokia Music. I did that and now after 2 hours off charger I'm still at 100% where as I would normally be around 95%. It is too bad because I like Nokia Music, but it makes me be anchored to the charger.
what app would you recommend instead of using nokia music? thanks

alvis#CB

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have turned the flight mode last night because during the night I normally loose around 12-13% which is around 1.5% per hour (having all apps and services off apart from network). Fully charged my phone last night, turned flight mode on and by 7a.m I have lost 16% which is 1.8% per hour. How does this make sense? Anyone else have noticed this? I have read on this forum that nokia music drains the battery since you cant fully turn it off. Is this true?

alvis#CB

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Ideally that's what it should do, but it does not reduce battery consumption for me. Just checking if someone else is experiencing this.

JohnnyFEZ

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
So this is weird...

My 925's battery has been a little inconsistent since I got the phone. I attributed this to the fact that it's a new device, but something else may be going on. Yesterday, I noticed that my phone was at 67% battery after being unplugged for only 2 hours (about 9:30am). That's a much faster drain than I'm used to seeing at this time of day. I kept my eye on it, and the phone dropped only another 25% before I left for home at 6pm. So it lasted about 8 hours on 25% battery.

This morning, I unplugged my phone from its overnight charge, got ready and then got in my car to head to work and I noticed that my battery was already down to 68%. It was only about 45 minutes since I unplugged it, so I figured that either something was wrong with the phone or maybe the charger unplugged in the middle of the night and didn't fully charge.

So I get to work this morning and charge my phone with a USB cord plugged in to my PC. I charged it up until it said 100%, then unplugged it. About 2 minutes later, I looked at the battery saver and it said I was down to 88%. After two minutes... Huh?

I did a soft reset and when the phone powered back up it said I was at 100% battery again. It's been about 20 minutes and it still says 100% battery.

Any ideas? Maybe I just needed to reset the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss