how long does your battery lasts?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Again, I don't have the 925, but I have a 920, and I have to say that one of the biggest reasons your battery might drain quickly is LTE. I was out in the City earlier because I rescued a sick pigeon and brought it to this place that will treat wild birds, and I turned my data on and set it to LTE as the highest network connection en route. I think my battery was around 78% when I started my trip. On my way to the subway afterward, I noticed my battery was around 62% or so. This was around an hour's time. I lost LTE in the subway but saw 4G appearing for awhile until I turned my data off completely. By the time I was almost home, it was at 52%. Last I checked, as my phone sits next to me on my couch, it was 46%. So, yeah, LTE will definitely do it. I would recommend using it sparingly wherever possible if you're worried about faster battery drainage. Seems that 4G doesn't drain the battery anywhere near as quickly as LTE.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an app called battery and it lets me monitor the discharge rate and all day when I was at work yesterday doing nothing it was abouth 10% but later when I got home and I was using it the discharge rate hi 20%. I have had the phone for 2.5 days so that could be part of it but really this can't be normal!!!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an app called battery and it lets me monitor the discharge rate and all day when I was at work yesterday doing nothing it was abouth 10% but later when I got home and I was using it the discharge rate hi 20%. I have had the phone for 2.5 days so that could be part of it but really this can't be normal!!!

I wouldn't panic just yet. For some reason, it seems to be a normal occurrence that the battery drainage is kinda erratic in the first month or so. My 920 was driving me nuts in the first month I had it. I was getting no better than 18 hours estimated for any given day, then it suddenly said I only had 9 hours when it was fully charged. After a week or more, it started getting more regular and I normally see 1 day+ of battery life when it's at 100%. Just give it time.

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
While I was complaining earlier about battery, after a week of usage, the battery is now pretty darn good! I easily last the whole day (about 20 hours) with around 10-30% left depending on how much more I use it that day.

My normal usage is about an hour of browsing, 30 mins of BT music in the car, everything off (NOT airplane mode) for about 5 hours, taking about 30+ photos, couple vids, etc...I'm very satisfied right now! Obviously I haven't put it through the test, but I would not have to since this is about all I use it for.

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Battery itself is a battery drain. Hardcore. You turn off glance, nfc, and should be good to go. Keep transit part of here maps blocked (its a battery drain), and this should help your battery last longer.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My battery is doing pretty good today so far. Started around 10AM at 100% and now and it's only at 80% at 5PM now. Wi-Fi off, a few background services (GasBuddy, stocks, weather), a fair amount of texting, some browsing, and some time reorganizing the tiles on my Start screen. Glance set on peek mode appears to have a negligible effect on battery life too.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My battery is doing pretty good today so far. Started around 10AM at 100% and now and it's only at 80% at 5PM now. Wi-Fi off, a few background services (GasBuddy, stocks, weather), a fair amount of texting, some browsing, and some time reorganizing the tiles on my Start screen. Glance set on peek mode appears to have a negligible effect on battery life too.

@colonelcasey322 hoe long have u had your 925

mark nt

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My 520 goes 3days on normal use my 720 goes 1.5days on heavy use and my 925 goes half a day on heavy use....out of all my phones have to say my 720 is the best all-rounder it runs all day and night and don't have to worry about running out of power the 925 is a great phone but is a little power hungry if you use it alot and u find by mid afternoon i am looking for a PowerPoint to plug it into..the 520 is just a run about phone i use when going out bush as it get the best range when roaming away from mobile service as it is the best phone for rural and remote areas

air23cpt

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Lumia 925 on Monday 7/22/2013 and my battery experience has been horrible I have to charge it 3-4 times a day. The standby time is good on it but the screen on time is really bad. Like today I unplugged the phone @9am @100% it's 12:35pm and the phone has 16% battery left. I'm coming from an HTC One I used it the same way I'm using the 925 but would only need to charge the One twice throughout the day.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Day 4 with my phone. Started off with 100% at 5:30a and now it's around 60% around 6:00p. Some mapping, time online, few dozen texts, and half the day in a low service zone (bouncing back and forth between no service, and 1-2 bars of 2G/4G service.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So far my 925 has had consistently good battery life. I have strong LTE at home, mixed LTE at work in Boston, and I keep my WiFi off because my cell connection is usually faster.

I have NFC off and Bluetooth on most of the time, and my phone easily makes it through the day unless I'm streaming music for a few hours (which I like to do at work) so in that case I keep it plugged in. But, over weekends when I have it off charger the longest I've never had to worry about it, unlike the 920 it replaced.

wonderwhy

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Look I think we need to understand battery life comes down to pure apps and usuage. Example I have a 925 which I bought in the US, when I was.in the US I use to communicate with family and friends via whatsapp now I am a huge whatsapp user I.e. Every 5 mins on WA for prob 15 mins chatting. My battery would last from 8am do 12pm max and would need a full recharge. In fact I use to walk around with a juice pack for the phone ....

Now that I am back I use my iphone (which has to get two days of battery life when not on WA), I use my 925 when at home for mail etc as I love the phone and use my iphone on my home network (waiting for my mobile unlock code). Now the tables have turned I get 1/2 day on my iPhone and two days on my 925.

No matter what you turn off etc certain apps require radio, screen, processing and background processing all of which will eat your battery regardless of the phone and OS

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

sinergy2k

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 925 for just over 2 weeks and the I would say the battery has finally settled, I was getting about a day out of it before but now its well over a day with my use, sometimes two days.

That's with 2 push emails (exchange and Hotmail), whatsapp, viber, 4G most of the time, wifi. It's def better than my 920 which would just make the full day.

mark nt

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Update on my 925 battery life...mine also has started to settle down today with the same use as last week i have got a full day of use and still have 45% left..so things are looking up just have to let new devices and batteries settle in..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo