how long does your battery lasts?

alvis#CB

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have just got my 925 exchanged as it stopped charging. I used to get full day with my old one, i have charged my new one last night and 24h later its still at 75%. I listened to music while i was on the tube for an hour, some internet, texts, whatsapp and some phone calls. I can say that i am impressed now whereas before it was disappointing. There was obviously something wrong with previous handset since i barely used it and it would not last more than 36h

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I honestly have to say the 925 is phenomenal at battery longevity compared to my HD7. I pulled it off the charger at 16:30 yesterday and 24 hours later, it's still at 80% battery. Granted I've only been texting a bit and checking FB notifications in the past 24 hours but it's still pretty good that I can go more than a day without charging.

mark nt

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe how good my 720 is on it battery life have been using it moderately this week and got 4 days 20 hours and still have 35% left.....my 925 is also doing better now and is getting 2 days almost with heavy use.

Jan Blazek

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My average time between charges is 30 hours. Glance on, double tap on, wifi always on. I am on 3G/3.5G network. I don't play games at all, using phone for 20 calls on a daily basis, making notes, checking social networks few times, reading baconit, WP central.. Battery life is AWSOME on my device.

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
my battery life was great for the first week+ of owning this phone and now it has gone TERRIBLE. This morning it was at full charge at 8am and by 11am it was at critical battery. And this was after hardly using the phone at all! Now I've been charging the phone for a couple of hours and it wont go past 17%

aikidoka-mks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Ive had mine since Saturday. Fully charged this morning, 1/2 hour to work bluetooth to car, briefly checking people hub throughout the day, emails, one hour of browsing at lunch, checking advanced weather hd, 1/2 hour drive home with bluetooth. Wifi was on the entire time, unfortunately they no longer give us the password at work. Got home and played Halo for at least 15 minutes (I suck lol) and was significantly under 20% by then IIRC and getting notices about low battery.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I got my 925 on Saturday and so far when I start to charge it before I go to bed it has been off the charger 15 hrs and I still have over 50% left. I switched from an 8x and that is about 20% above it in same time frame and same useage.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
18% in 20 minutes!!!!! Like seriously I wasn't even watching videos just browsing fb, WP central and 6tag..............18% in 20 minutes is a joke!!!

Matt Rasmussen

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I get about 9 hours from a single charge, I'm not sure the people who say 24 hours with heavy use are being 100% honest about how they use their phone. I've attached the picture from the Battery application (very good if you like to look at these sorts of things). I can see loads of time with all services turned off and using it to play audio and check a message twice a day, but if you're a heavy user to me that means you use it all day long, adjusting services when necessary, but all email accounts checking in (I have 4), replying to emails, text messaging, playing some audio, uploading to skydrive/facebook, watching You Tube etc. I would love to see some other posts of their 'Battery' application to show charge time, service on time, charge time etc.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130914_0002.png
    wp_ss_20130914_0002.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Could someone confirm that turning airplane mode on does not reduce battery consumption?

I can confirm this on 1020. Same problems occur on 920,925 and 1020 as i know if. With EVERYTHING turned off and in flight mode, it would drop 15-20 % over night. Compare to my 2 year old iPhone that drops 1-2%. I just sent my 1020 back because of the bad battery life. I didn't expect this from Nokia, really dissapointed.

wpeightuser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll get about 22-24 hours (15-20% battery left at that point) before I charge up again. Bluetooth/NFC off, everything else on. LTE/4G signal is typically strong. When I listen to Pandora over LTE, it's about an 8-10%/hour drain.

My phone has freaked out every once in a while, it'll stay hot after being fully charged and start draining inexplicably. I usually have to restart/recharge before it calms down.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had a lot of WP devices over the last couple years, and ever since the upgrade to WP8 the battery life has been inconsistent. I've had 3 different 920s and 3 different 925s and found that both phones had periods where the battery drain was anywhere from great to disappointing to disastrous. I think this is either a universal Nokia firmware issue or a Windows OS issue.

I typically use my phone in a light-to-moderate fashion. Lots of email (Outlook.com and Exchange), ~1 hour of calls, couple dozen SMS texts, handful of photos, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and news apps. Very little IE usage, and zero games and only occasional navigation/mapping. I live in a strong, re-farmed LTE area for T-Mo. I rarely stream media, and when I do it wipes out my battery badly. I typically have BT, WiFi, LTE and Location on all the time.

With these settings I find that some days I'll get 1.5 days of power. Other days I'm lucky to make it to 8PM. Some days things will go haywire and the phone gets super hot and the battery wipes out completely in just 2-3 hours. I've tried managing my background tasks and turning off WiFi, location and BT but nothing seems to matter. I haven't been able to effectively tie the issue to any one use case. My theory is that the LTE radio sometimes just craps out and starts heating up. Either that or I'll be in a spotty WiFi area and the phone is constantly searching/connecting and failing without falling back to LTE as it should.

Also, streaming music and watching streaming video are brutal on battery. This is to be expected, but I find that the phone gets unreasonably warm with the video and the phone seems to not cool down after I stop. If my theory about the radio's issue are incorrect, it's probably just a issue with the way WP8 handles task management and tomb-stoning.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i bought my Lumia 925 just 2 days ago.
The first day the battery goes from 100 to 0% in less than 9 hours, with moderate use. I was pretty concerned about this, but i recharged again to 100% and i went to cinema. After 3 hours (i haven't use my phone inside the cinema!) battery was to 70%.

Really not good, uh?

I already disabled bluetooth, put touch screen sensibility to normal, disabled double tap to wake, disabled nfc, set max speed to 3G, but it doesn't helped.

After seen this 70% i disabled the glance screen too and, it totally fixed it! this happened 10 hours ago and i'm still to 70%! (almost no phone using, i sleeped!)

Glance looks pretty broken on my lumia, it sucks battery as hell, maybe someone in this thread with battery problem can try this too. I have GDR2 with all the latest updates (i'll wait lumia black for GDR3)

vijay aditya

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I want to know if there is anyone who has 925 and gets 2 days of there battery?

i work all day and only use internet for an hour. I don't have any social media apps(fb, twitter,). I have all connections such as wifi Bluetooth, location turned off. All aps disabled in the background as well as xbox sharing is off.

my battery only lasts around 8 hours . Is this normal? How long does yours last? Is there anything else i can do?

i watched a Movie of 2 hours duration after its fully charged and then it showed

wp_ss_20131017_0001[1].png

davy78

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since yesterday. First day got me worried because i drained my battery to 50% after 1 hour of constant usage. I started disabling settings and now its almost acceptable: today i unhooked from the charger at 7am, and had 28% at 18pm.

Settings:
- sun readability off
- high touch sensivitity off
- glance off
- tap to wake off
- bluetooth and nfc off
- wifi and mobile data on

Usage:
- no phone calls
- 10 sms's
- less than an hour of messing around with apps and surfing

I really like the device a lot, but if this doesnt improve im returning it. Its like an luxury aston martin that stops working after 1 mile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett