how long does your battery lasts?

alvydasn

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I want to know if there is anyone who has 925 and gets 2 days of there battery?

i work all day and only use internet for an hour. I don't have any social media apps(fb, twitter,). I have all connections such as wifi Bluetooth, location turned off. All aps disabled in the background as well as xbox sharing is off.

my battery only lasts around 8 hours . Is this normal? How long does yours last? Is there anything else i can do?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a 925, but what you are describing does not sound normal considering your usage. Have you tried soft resetting the phone? How about a hard reset? Naturally start out with a soft reset, and if you are willing a hard reset might help too.

Then new batteries usually take a while of use before they properly calibrate to their fullest potential, but I do feel that the battery life you are experiencing isn't normal. On my 920 I have just about everything turned on and with such light use as you describe I probably wouldn't sweat getting 2 days off, but I charge every night regardless of battery level anyways.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I took my phone off the charger yesterday around 9am. I put it back on the charger around 1am and I still had about 28% left. So... it may just be the newness of it and may fluctuate. If you continue to see no more than 8 hours for a week or so, you may look at exchanging the device.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've found the Lumia 925 to have a really good battery, in fact I barely have the thing on charge at all, which is rather strange. It has settled down steadily since first reviewing the unity, but still an improvement on the Lumia 920.

JohnnyFEZ

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
So far, my battery life has been atrocious. The battery gets me through only about half the day before I realize that I'm down to 20 to 30%. My 2 1/2 year old HD7 with a 2 1/2 year old battery would usually be at about 70% during the same time of day when my 925 is at 30%. This was with typical data and wi-fi usage, the occasional Audible listen during lunch (with Bluetooth headset), etc.

I shut off Glance, Double-Tap to Activate, Bluetooth and a bunch of the background tasks. I'm going to keep an eye on this over the next week to see if it balances out (you tend to use a new phone "more" just because it's new).

I did notice that the podcasts that I subscribed to via the phone download over wi-fi, even though the phone isn't charging, which can kill the battery. The settings screen for the individual podcasts says that the phone will only download podcasts when the phone is charging, so I don't know if I've unknowingly activated some other setting that overrides that, of if it just doesn't work like it should. In any case, I noticed the short battery life issue before I set up any of the podcasts.

alvis#CB

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I shut off Glance and double tap too. Only use it for regular internet searching now and then. I only had this phone for a week now. Will see how it goes.

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Currently at 45% with light to very moderate usage (browsing internet for no more than an hour, taking a few pictures and attempting to upload them to insta/fb). Battery seems to be a downgrade from my 521 so far. Hopefully its just in the beginning. I only have my data on, and turn on my location whenever I need it.

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I find my battery life to be on the higher end of the smartphone average. Quantifying in hours wouldn't mean much as everyone uses his phone differently, but I usually have no issues going through the day.

It's significantly better than my Nexus 4.

As usual, you tend to drain your battery way more on the first few days owning a phone due to the "discovery factor".

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Would be helpful to list if you are on good/bad signal area and LTE or not. I have only had mine 3 days 50 % LTE some 4G and Wifi. Have yet to go a longer than about 18 hours and about 20% left.

WP7_Genius

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia battery is a joke I have everything off and get about 2-3hrs on it. Its really annoying. Today happened again took off charger 9am went to run errands and phone was just sitting took like 1 call bout 15min and a few texts and bam 1230ish battery at 28%....This is really making me reevaluate sticking this wp8 out....im trying but really hard to keep this 920

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
In some of the cases, my best guess is that it is LTE draining the battery. This is particularly true if LTE coverage is somewhat spotty in your area, where the phone often ends up searching for a signal. My suggestion would be to try turning LTE off, except for when you are actually going to be using data in an LTE area, and see what difference it makes with your battery life.

Another hint to improve battery life, make the background black. On phones with large screens, the screen tends to be what uses the most battery. Using darker colors and backgrounds will use less battery on an AMOLED display, as AMOLED screens use less power to display black and darker colors than it does brighter colors (it doesn't make a difference on LED displays).

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I always love these posts as everybody has totally different experience with the battery life. :smile: I would wait at least week or two as I have noticed battery life to always improve after first weeks, be it mine Lumia 920, iPhone 5, Lumia 800 or 808 PureView.
At least across all the reviews Lumia 925 has been titled to have the best battery life out of high end WP8 handsets.

My Lumia battery is a joke I have everything off and get about 2-3hrs on it. Its really annoying. Today happened again took off charger 9am went to run errands and phone was just sitting took like 1 call bout 15min and a few texts and bam 1230ish battery at 28%....This is really making me reevaluate sticking this wp8 out....im trying but really hard to keep this 920
Lumia 920? You are on a wrong thread my friend.

Another hint to improve battery life, make the background black. On phones with large screens, the screen tends to be what uses the most battery. Using darker colors and backgrounds will use less battery on an AMOLED display, as AMOLED screens use less power to display black and darker colors than it does brighter colors (it doesn't make a difference on LED displays).

This is indeed a good tip. AMOLED screens don't automatically save battery, but on a WP like UI that's mostly black, it's a big help on a battery life. After that the usual suspects are spotty LTE areas that uses quite a bit of battery and some app idling on the background. On the worse cases indicated by phone heating up when you are not even using it.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site

There is probably something with your battery. I get about a days worth on mine...which is usually texting/calling/music/browsing news sites(for an hour).

WP7_Genius

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
There is probably something with your battery. I get about a days worth on mine...which is usually texting/calling/music/browsing news sites(for an hour).

All I know is this top right corner starts cooking and I mean sizzling soon as I use it just like its doing now....i been told its a bug issue. Update fixes it supposedly but after GDR2 if it still sucks going to have to consider saving for a 1020...

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I took my 925 off the charger yesterday at around 10:30am made a few calls at work,some light internet browsing,Pandora for about 30min on lunch,went to a birthday party later in the evening with some more Pandora and YouTube got home around 4:30am and still had about 30% left on my battery. Its been really food so far,but not as good as the 1st day I got it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05