Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I purchased a new Lumia 925 yesterday at T-Mobile and I have seen the phone automatically reboot itself while I am just swiping the screen. I specifically was not pressing any of the side buttons. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Does anyone know of a fix?
    Saw Win Aung likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Your phone is defective. Go to the store and tell them about it. They will give you a new one. When the 920 came out some phones where doing random reboots and had to be replaced.
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.

FYI, I have experienced this problem too. Since Wednesday, it has rebooted several times.

I got mine the day it came out and I use it all the time and it has never done that. I think you should exchange yours

My wife was having the same issue with her Lumia 521 and it turns out that the battery doesn't sit tightly like it should. By the naked eye and feel of it, the battery feels tight in the phone but even a fraction of a measurement off, the batter loses connection to the phone. So what I did to resolve this, I wrapped the battery with one or two layers of tape. Placed the battery back in and bingo, no more restarts.

Global Posts
    2,997 Global Posts
    I've had an att 920 which rebooted a few times but stopped after the 1308 update, now on a Rogers 920 and that reboots more frequently. An exchange sounds like a good option
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

I spoke with T-Mobile, and they suggested that before I bring it in for a replacement, that I do ha hard reboot and see if that helps. I have done that and have restored my phone. After one day, no reboots. We shall see.

Keith

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Huh. Mine has rebooted a few times as well. Mostly when I have a game tombstoned. I think I'll see if it does it again and if so hard reset.

Yes, I am also having the same problem. From last two days it's getting rebooted frequently.
    Will try a hard reboot and then contact T-mobile.

After I did a hard reset, the phone rebooted again the next day. I took it back to T-Mobile, who replaced it with another.

Same happened to me , I changed the connection from LTE to 4G and the problem stop, Im planning to go to Tmobile Store and try to get a replacement.

This is nerve wrecking. I've had the 920 since it came out in November. Constant reboots, took it to a Nokia repair shop, they said it's probably software. I should change from LTE to 3G. It made it better. Now, I got the 925 (and gave my wide the 920), thinking i'd be done with the restarts...but they are also there, except much worse! This cannot be faulty hardware, has to be the crappy WP8! Really, tired on investing on Nokia/WP8. Really. I get the random restarts all the time (several times a day). No change this would be faulty hardware in both the 920 and 925...

I found my 925 reboots once in few days, not really critical, but should not be of course. I did and firmware upgrade, i am runing on 3047.0000.1326.2001

may be you should check if you have last possibl firmware view Nokia Suite or Nokia Software Update for Retail tool.

OS (reboots) crashes since ive got this phone. so thats the way back from mac os to Windows. have to live with that. #NBSOD - Nokia Bootscreen of death. Hope they will fix that in Service Release 18 or so.

Any way to check how many times it has rebooted? I was sitting in office today with phone laying on the desk and so the Nokia logo appeared couple of times. At first I was wondering what's going on, then it hits me that the phone rebooted. I am going to try hard reset as suggested but I don't want to be staring at the phone all the time just to see if it reboots or not.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. I own my Lumia 925 for two weeks now and it reboots between 2 and 4 times a day. This is my second Windows Phone 8, the first one was a HTC 8X and I owned two Windows Phone 7 devices before and never had this issue. I could take it to the store but somehow I think this is a software problem.

Any specials on my device? I've turned the glance screen off, I use the original Nokia Qi charger with the Nokia Qi charging shell and a few apps from the market place. I've used the same apps on the HTC 8X without any problems (except for the Nokia apps of course).

After 1 month with Lumia 925, I have experienced some bugs in FW like random lockups, reboots, NBSOD etc. However I still believe this everything is going to be fixed, as the cheaper phones (like Lumia 520) doesn't have these problems. I decided to update 925 with latest firmware 3047.0000.1326.2001, hopefully some critical flaws got fixed.

FYI, since I obtained a replacement for my 925 aver a week ago, I have not observed a reboot incident.

Today i got 2 times device completely frozen. With display on, stopped to react. Had to keep POWER+ VOLUME DOWN buttons to restart. After first freze, date and time completely reset to wrong numbers. After second, device restarted after few minutes by itself !!! I hope it does not have something with new firmware 3047.0000.1326.2001, whichj i have installed :-(

I haven't had any problems maybe 2 weeks after purchasing. After 2 weeks, 925 started with random lockups and reboots. The latest firmware is still ok for me.

This random rebooting is also happening with my Lumia 925, bought in The Netherlands [Europe]. As it's an unlocked 'phone, I've installed the GDR 2 software update from MS. I did this yesterday and, up until now, I've not had an automatic reboot. Hopefully this has been sorted with the GDR2 update. Time will tell.

On another note, the Lumia 925 does seem to get rather hot when carrying out even the most mundane of tasks. The top section of the 'phone above the camera is getting ridiculously hot even with one app open and no others. I have read that others are experiencing this as well. I've sent an E-mail to Nokia Support [Europe] regarding this issue. I have no desire to have a Lumia 925 burst in to flames in my pocket.

I am surprised that there are many cases of reboots. I had mine for 2 weeks now and no single reboot eversince. Hope all your issues will be sorted out.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    -1 Global Posts
    Yesterday I updated my Nokia Lumia 925 to Windows phone 8 GDR3 (8.0.10512.142) since that no random reeboots (24 hours and counting). I followed this simply instructions:

1. Sign up into Windows Phone App Studio, use your Windows phone account. (Windows Phone App Studio | Microsoft)
    2. Install app Preview for Developers App from marketplace
    3. Enable preview for developers (in the Preview for Developers App)
    4. Search in your Windows phone for new updates....

This avoid your carrier warranty, be careful!!.

Hi,

I bought my Nokia Lumia 1 month ago and it has been the worst experience ever.

From the start the screen turned black regularly and I had the idea the mobile was still on but could not get any button to function. Complete reboot was the only solution.
    The last 2 weeks my phone starts to fall out completely and this 3 times a day. Only rebooting is a solution, which causes issues with a lot of settings (time, day, wifi). On top of that the conection with my BMW bluetooth only works from time to time. This means: sometimes it connects automatically and sometimes not. When connected in a conversation, the bluetooth disconnects several times during that 1 conversation.
    But the one thing that was certain is that if I had called in the car the phone would completley fall out agin. Rebooting is again the only solution.
    The back end ( Top side) gets pretty hot at certain times as well.

After this months horrible experience I have now brought it back to the vendor. I have received a replacement phone ( old crapy thing) and will now have to wait for 3 weeks to get an answer on what is wrong with my phone.
    I have never in my life experienced a more horrible experience with a phone like with this Nokia Lumia 925. It is my first windows phone experience but probably also my last.
    Not only from and experience perspective but also from a service perspective : 3 weeks to get an answer for something that is clearly not working !!!!

Same here, experiencing random reboots on nokia 1020. Can go several days between reboots
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast