Not sending Picture messages

Shawn Jordan

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Every time I try to send a pic in text it doesn't send I end up having to try again till i give up. It's not T-mobile cause my wife sends pics just fine on her GS3 any ideas?

Patrick Kolnberger

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Disable the junk wifi calling app if you are on wifi. The pos wifi calling app won't allow you to send MMS if it is enabled or you will have to send it a million times before it goes through. Only my experience though.

Ken Kilty

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Its the WiFi calling feature causing your issues assuming you are using it. I noticed the same issues sending mms with pix. WiFi calling on, sketchy MMS, feature off flawless victory. I am on T-Mobile and I called them last night after working my way up the call tree the tier 3 tech said I am SOL and indicated there is only support for MMS on a cellular network. I have repro'd the issue on multiple WiFi networks so I know it's not an isolated issue.

So its not just you. 😊

gskimmel

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I called T-Mobile and was told to change the wi-fi calling setting from "wi-fi preferred" to "cellular preferred". Now I can send picture messages without any problems.

jasonxz

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this same problem on AT&T. It turned out that I had been playing with the settings on my phone and changed the Access Point from "AT&T - LTE 1 - Lumia" to "AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia" a couple of days prior & had forgotten about it. Once I changed it back, it worked fine.

Tara Simone

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Whomever said to turn off the WIFI calling in order to send photos via text, thank you thank you thank you. Just spent an hour on the chat function with the ***** support at t-mobile and got nowhere until i came here. I've only been with them 1 day and it makes me wonder if i should stay. but aren't they all this bad? should i keep this lumia 925 anyone? or will i have more problems?

Shawn Jordan

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
@Tara Simone After being a Droid user sense smartphones came into my life. I have to say the WP is def different and I think you should give it a real chance. Yes it has it problems but what phones didn't? The lumia 925 is by far the BEST phone i've ever owned and you can't blame the phone for T-Mobiles customer support by a woman named "Becky?" The service is fast and phone is faster and the features are pretty cool once you start getting into the phone.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
It could actually be T-Mobile. I had problems sending images via MMS when I first bought my phone. Seems to have cleared up since then.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I try all of those things and it's still not wrking! any helped would be great
Have you tried toggling airplane mode? I had an instance where my phone wouldn't completely latch on to normal cell service after turning off WiFi calling. Toggling airplane mode did the trick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros