Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Can anyone with a USA 925 confirm that the voice navigation works on your T-Mobile phone? My speakers work fine but I don't get any sound while being guided and I can't find anyone else with the problem.

wp_ss_20130726_0002.jpg

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Do you have your phone connected to Bluetooth but using the Aux port by chance?
    Thanked by:
    zultar 

I don't, it isn't attached to anything. I do have blu tooth enabled but no devices

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Mine is the same way. Mine connects to my Ford Sync, but there are no voice prompts. And before anyone asks, yes I downloaded a voice :P
    Thanked by:
    zultar 

Woot, must be a software bug

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Mine is the same way. Mine connects to my Ford Sync, but there are no voice prompts. And before anyone asks, yes I downloaded a voice :P
    Interesting, I noticed this as well... however I am connected with my car's built in bluetooth system. Funny enough when I had my L920 the Nav Voice would play over the car's speakers. Or if I turned off the Nav Voice and was listening to the radio I would get a voice prompt telling me a text message was received by... "name"

However my L925 doesn't do that.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Mine worked fine with a Parrot Mki9200

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Voice works when phone isn't paired. I wonder if it doesn't send out the right command to override the current audio stream? Will try again with Bluetooth audio as the source instead of radio.

Maybe mine is unique, I can't ever get the voice, I tried it with Bluetooth disabled as well

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zultar View Post
    Maybe mine is unique, I can't ever get the voice, I tried it with Bluetooth disabled as well
    Did you download/setup the voice package?

I did have voice setup and tried a couple of the voices. It works now, I did a soft reset. Which is the first thing the bugs and defects thread says to do. Sorry I. Didn't open that thread before. Not my brightest move

Quote Originally Posted by zultar View Post
    I did have voice setup and tried a couple of the voices. It works now, I did a soft reset. Which is the first thing the bugs and defects thread says to do. Sorry I. Didn't open that thread before. Not my brightest move
    Mine is not working now on my 920. It used to work earlier. I cannot use it at all cause I can't keep looking at the screen while driving. I've tried different voices, it's not connected to any Bluetooth device, I've tried soft reset, but not managed to get it to work. Even reinstalled here drive+. Don't know what to do now. It's quite irritating.

Same problem here Lumia 920 FW 3047.0000.1326.2002 .. no voice navigation while navigating .. I got English (US) checked and volume 30/30 ... I need solution to this
    anyone ???

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I had that problem and ended up uninstalling and then re-installing Here + Drive. It recurred and, if I remember correctly, I re-booted the phone and it began working again.

Hi all,
    just thought I might share the observation that voice output via bluetooth audio now works with WP 8.1 (Lumia 920).

I installed the developer preview of WP 8.1 and - voil - I was quite surprised to notice that now the here drive + voice commands are properly played back via the car stereo which is connected via bluetooth audio.
    The radio or USB playback is muted for as long as the voice commands are running.

With WP8 it only worked while streaming media playback from the phone via bluetooth a2dp (e..g streaming of music, not the phone audio).
    So apparently it was an OS limitation that prevented this to work with WP8!
    Thanked by:

for me it doesn't work with my Lumia 920 + WP8.1 and my BMW 320 (year 2013).
    Maybe it has to do with the stupid restrictions BMW upholds here in Europe where you have to pay a lot of extra money for bluetooth connectivity.
    My phone connects to the car just fine and I can make calls but I cannot stream music with it and audio commands are not played via the car's speakers.

So maybe it's a car limitation for me. can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by dotslasher View Post
    for me it doesn't work with my Lumia 920 + WP8.1 and my BMW 320 (year 2013).
    Maybe it has to do with the stupid restrictions BMW upholds here in Europe where you have to pay a lot of extra money for bluetooth connectivity.
    My phone connects to the car just fine and I can make calls but I cannot stream music with it and audio commands are not played via the car's speakers.

So maybe it's a car limitation for me. can anyone confirm?
    I can. No voice navigation when connected to my BMW 328, also a 2013. I'm in the US.

My android phone does the same thing when connected to blue tooth.

I had the no sound (here drive) problem, i went to the voice download section in the app, and there was an extra 0.6 mb file to d/l for street names or nav .

vinscg - I would love to know where you found a voice download option in the Here Drive + app. Looked high and low and don't see one.

Here drive app // settings // navigation voice // download new button a the bottom of screen
    Hello everyone,

I recently got some free time to look into this issue and came up with an app to help solve it. I normally do video game development but I decided to put a solution together for others as well.

I came up with an app that essentially mutes any currently playing music but keeps Here Drive or any other Navigation app audible.
    Here is a link to it, I called it Nav Voice Only: windowsphone .com/en-us/store/app/nav-voice-only/bc28fb6c-7b6d-4f7e-a72f-1f9bd23b91c5
    (Sorry, can't post a link as a new user, remove the extra space in the link after windowsphone)

Please do let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

it worked for me:
    Settings - Driving mode - ON - pairing with the car kit - OFF